Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New forum site..suggestion needed.

Hi friend i'm planning to start a new PTP forum ,so i need your suggestion about post rate and thread rate and any other things which you know can be useful ,like restrictions of threads ,posts etc...pl share.Thanks

Default Re: New forum site..suggestion needed.

Quote Originally Posted by satyakam
    Hi friend i'm planning to start a new PTP forum ,so i need your suggestion about post rate and thread rate and any other things which you know can be useful ,like restrictions of threads ,posts etc...pl share.Thanks
    Nice to know that you are going to start your own forum site.your site should be simple not much complex and what would be the price its depends on you because one should have look at his own profit if you will get good profit from ur forum then you can give better value for forum posting.You should take necessary action to stop spamming or to stop spam flooding.If you need my help then feel free to ask me at any time.
    I have a bunch of good licensed forum script i can provide you the forum script.
    Thanks.

Sounds good, another paid to post forum. About the pay rates - well it will depend on your monthly budget, how much will you be willing to spend each month for payouts. The pay per post should be at least $0.03. If it is more, members will join the forum more easily and the forum will have many members after a shorter period of time!

1. The rate. I think the favourable rates for members are at least 3 cents per post and 4-5 cents per thread. The more, the merrier :P
    2. Detailed and easy-to-understand rules, so there won't be any misunderstanding between admin/forum staffs and members.
    3. Smooth loading page. I do not like slow loading page (who does?).
    4. It is better for you to set the thread and post limit to be more sustainable, as long as the rates are not low.
    5. If possible, do not make requirement to only cash out through new payment processor(s) if there is no significant advantage for the members.

Those are my 2 cents. More to come (if any):P

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

I think what you should to worry is about how you can earn from PTP sites.
    Adsense really don't works with PTP site.
    Get profit from ptp site is very hard anyway

did you register domain , hosting and purchased a script .. etc ?

I suggest that focus on marketing your forum first so that it will be already well known before the launch. A starting rate of 0.03 cents per post would be good and you should have limit in posting, 20 a day would be fine. And since the forum is new, you can start off with low payout of $5.

Quote Originally Posted by alec11
    ya alec you have raised a good thing here actually the adsense is not much effective because no earning coming from it and there is a chance of banning of account. I also agree with you.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by artagnan1978
    Sounds good, another paid to post forum. About the pay rates - well it will depend on your monthly budget, how much will you be willing to spend each month for payouts. The pay per post should be at least $0.03. If it is more, members will join the forum more easily and the forum will have many members after a shorter period of time!
    Dear artagnan you are absolutely right the price you are talking about is good and its a genuine rate per post And The price setting is depends on the owner that how much he is getting from his site if he will get good profit he can also increase the pay rate in future which will be good for the members.
    Thanks.

you can start with high rate like 0.05$ per post or more and when you start gaining more and more visitors you can decrease it to 0.03$

yes you are right earning is always important for any site ,i'll never use adsense ,i hate that publisher program always uncertain ..i'll use any CPM ads ,if you know any you can advice me.Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drowned
    1. The rate. I think the favourable rates for members are at least 3 cents per post and 4-5 cents per thread. The more, the merrier :P
    2. Detailed and easy-to-understand rules, so there won't be any misunderstanding between admin/forum staffs and members.
    3. Smooth loading page. I do not like slow loading page (who does?).
    4. It is better for you to set the thread and post limit to be more sustainable, as long as the rates are not low.
    5. If possible, do not make requirement to only cash out through new payment processor(s) if there is no significant advantage for the members.

Those are my 2 cents. More to come (if any):P
    Thanks for ur tips ,i always prefer PayPal as it is acceptable by most countries ,i may add another one that is alert pay and baout rate as most members suggesting 3 cents i may start with 3 cents but 4 to 5 cent per thread will be high rate for me,i can't afford that much.

Devesh is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

Well the members before me have given to you good suggestions and I do agree with them. However, I feel that to start with if you can keep 5 cents per thread and 4 cents per post, it will be better. The activity on the forum will increase fast. Later on you can bring to 4 and 3 cents for thread and post respectively. Paypal would be most welcome payment processor.
    Low payout to start with. If you can keep it 3$ to start with (say for first 10 requests or so) it would be excellant. That will earn a reputation of PAYING forum as many new members ask "Show the payment proof".

Thanks for ur tips ,i always prefer PayPal as it is acceptable by most countries ,i may add another one that is alert pay and baout rate as most members suggesting 3 cents i may start with 3 cents but 4 to 5 cent per thread will be high rate for me,i can't afford that much.
    I think people will like it if you pay with PayPal. About the rate, I think threads are usually worth a little more than posts.
    I think you should also think about the sections you are going to make, and maybe you can set different rate for each section or each group of section, I think it can help if you cannot afford to pay high rate. But make sure that you state it clearly so that members are not going to wonder the rate per post in each section. I mean, for instance, in section A, you will pay x cents per post, in section B, y cent per post, etc.
    And make sure you have a working credit system, otherwise, it will suck badly for the members.

Quote Originally Posted by Drowned
    I think people will like it if you pay with PayPal. About the rate, I think threads are usually worth a little more than posts.
    I think you should also think about the sections you are going to make, and maybe you can set different rate for each section or each group of section, I think it can help if you cannot afford to pay high rate. But make sure that you state it clearly so that members are not going to wonder the rate per post in each section. I mean, for instance, in section A, you will pay x cents per post, in section B, y cent per post, etc.
    And make sure you have a working credit system, otherwise, it will suck badly for the members.
    Nice suggestion ,i'll do that ,i think i'll keep fixed rate for all sections but limitations will be there per day so that spamming can be controlled and i can pay also.Mainly i'm searching for good advertiser.

I think u can try with low promotional payout offer, after someday you can increase the payout .U can also try with premiuim membership .

WEll if you really want a successful site I would say at least to have .03 cents a post. Most people will not post on a site that has less than this. Also have a referral program of some sort.

But you really have to have a way to stop spam and it maybe good to idea to have a limited amount of posts a day too. After a short amount of time. And have a min. payout rate too.

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

yes you are right earning is always important for any site ,i'll never use adsense ,i hate that publisher program always uncertain ..i'll use any CPM ads ,if you know any you can advice me.Thanks
    You want to use CPM? that's not a good idea for ptp site.
    You know that CPM just paying for unique visitors (1 visitors will be counted as 1 even that advertiser visit your site 100 times in 24 hours).
    CPM just pay $0.35 for 1000 impression usually, so how much is the post rate suitable for this? $0.0001 per post ??

You want to use CPM? that's not a good idea for ptp site.
    You know that CPM just paying for unique visitors (1 visitors will be counted as 1 even that advertiser visit your site 100 times in 24 hours).
    CPM just pay $0.35 for 1000 impression usually, so how much is the post rate suitable for this? $0.0001 per post ??
    No alec it is a misconception ,CPM ads generally comes with CPM plus CPC ads ,one advantage with cPM ads is wew ill get paid for visits but in cpc like adsense one has to completely depends on clicks which is uncertain.just think about one thing take our case when we are giving post on different forums how many ads we generally click ,we go there ,post and come back .So i'll rely on CPM ads,lets see .

Isn't there away for you to have google ads and than ask everybody to click at least one or two of theme ach time they come to the site.. Wouldn't that make it more profitable.