Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What is Twitter.com?

I don't know whether this topic should be submitted into this area or not, If I have done anything wrong, pl remove the thread from here.

What is twitter doing? Is it related to some extent with the circulation of one's website/blog?

Thanks Paramita for your feedback. ACtually Wikipedia is telling about twitter is follows: 'Twitter is a social networking and micro-blogging service that allows its users to send and read other users' updates (otherwise known as tweets), which are text-based posts of up to 140 characters in length.' So I think it's another way to spread the activity of website/blog.

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

twitter is like social networking site where you can have friend and start your community there.
    Some people use twitter as promotion while some other just for fun

so one can use twitter as a medium of promotion also. any body of you are using this activity to spread their blogs?

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    so one can use twitter as a medium of promotion also. any body of you are using this activity to spread their blogs?
    Yes, bloggers usually use twitter to promote their site. John Chow, a very famous blogger, who has earned thousands through his blog is using twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by divinagwapa
    Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    Yes, bloggers usually use twitter to promote their site. John Chow, a very famous blogger, who has earned thousands through his blog is using twitter.
    wow ! John Chow also using twitter. Is he only promote his blog there or do other thing? Can u pls tell us. Then i will also submit my all blogs.

As I am totally new to blogger area, I didn't heard about John chow. Hope to find something about him in net. Anyway, how one can use twitter to promote?

Devesh is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

Is it free to join or it does cost something? If it is good for bloggers, then it could be a good means to earn money by promoting your blog or site with its help.

your thread really helped me, i will also try to promote my blog in that site.Thanks a lot.

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

twitter is popular nowadays, so you can try to promote your blog there, but there will be many webmaster there (even paying for twitter advertising). So the competition is hard there

i am not familiar with this one yet. i have not yet jonied this one yet. i will try to do so now. hopefully i will be able to benefit a lot on joining this one.

well does this site twitter pay people. i just want to know if it pays or not.
    else i dont wish to join this site

Well, I don't think twitter will pay you to avail their service (still now I can't understand or rather donot try to understand how are they working). You can promote your work through them. Soon I will explore its service and keep you updated.

twitter is allowing the promotional activiti. This is what I have got in their site.
    "Publishing, posting or sending unsolicited email, junk mail, “spam”, chain letters, promotions, or advertisements for products or services (except where expressly permitted) is against the Terms of Service. Commercial or promotional use of Twitter is allowed, and we do welcome feed-based accounts. Many companies create valuable, opt-in relationships with people on Twitter. It's important to us, however, that the Twitter community receives only the content they'd like to receive."

You can also:: Find People by name;
    Find people using keywords, location, interests, and more;

In this way we can also promote our blog/website among like minded people.

I have seen a blog today which is using twitter, he just make his new posts' link in twitter and through those links we can also join this conversation by logging into my twitter account. If anyone know something more, pl share.

After a long time I am here again to post something about it and hope this will help you, at least who are using blogs.

You can automatically set up your blog feed so that another site will post your feed to your Twitter account for you. Just go the site Twitterfeed.com and see for yourself.

'You can login/register with OpenID. Once you have registered or logged in, you can create and add your blog feed to the site and choose how often the site will crawl your blog and post new Title/Description of your blog post there. You can add as many blog's feed that you like. You can choose how many post to crawl and the time period given there. This process is to automate your blog posts without you doing anything further'.

I also heard thet twitter is now a sensational site , I will also have a try to advertise my blog for free by blogfeed, lets see.

This is a networking site and can also be sued to promote your blog or anything infact as you get more active members here in twitter

Quote Originally Posted by alensot
    This is a networking site and can also be sued to promote your blog or anything infact as you get more active members here in twitter
    I think your posting is incomplete. Anyway, why twitter would sue anyone to promote there blog? This site is actually meant for this type of activity.

Is the twitter a paid site or social welfare site..iam not understanding this.please let me know if we get any benifits from this site? and anyone is gettng benifitted from this?