Default Anyone here selling at ebay?

I am planning to set up an ebay store in a couple of weeks. I would like to know if anyone of you here already have a store at ebay. Maybe you can give me some helpful tips. I'm planning to sell women clothing and accessories.

I have three choices for my online store's name. Please pick one. Which do you think is more appropriate?

a. The Dot Com Boutique
    b. Divine Fashion and etc
    c. The Shopaholic's Shop

Thanks everyone!

I will like to say that the third one is better but won't be able to give any tips as i am not a seller.
    SmartzKool

I don't have any experience on selling anything anywhere online, but about the name, I like "Divine Fashion" (without "and etc" :P) because it has something to do with your username "divinagwapa" if you are planning to use it, too, and the word "Divine" sounds awesome, out of this world :P

Quote Originally Posted by Drowned
    I don't have any experience on selling anything anywhere online, but about the name, I like "Divine Fashion" (without "and etc" :P) because it has something to do with your username "divinagwapa" if you are planning to use it, too, and the word "Divine" sounds awesome, out of this world :P
    well the suggestion is good but the reason for the name suggestion is not appropriate i guess. lol.
    SmartzKool

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

selling at ebay is very hard, it's because there are too many competitor there.
    For me, B choice is better.

if you think that your products are better that those in ebay then i am sure that you will be a famous seller there .

I have once purchased a product from e-bay, my experience was very bad. Same person have made two accounts in two names and both of them had forced me to buy same products from them, but eventually he (they both were) was banned from e-bay. So be cautious.

I like your A option, because the word 'boutique' is only related to garments/accessories.

Thanks for all your suggestions and inputs. I'm not selling internationally though but just at ebay.com.ph. I have browsed around some ebay stores and I noticed that garments usually get a lot of bids. I'll just start off selling some pre loved stuffs then I'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by divinagwapa
    Thanks for all your suggestions and inputs. I'm not selling internationally though but just at ebay.com.ph. I have browsed around some ebay stores and I noticed that garments usually get a lot of bids. I'll just start off selling some pre loved stuffs then I'll see how it goes.
    Well all the best for your new venture but make sure about the invoices and the delivery of the goods or paypal will screw you if the customer complains.
    SmartzKool

Though I am having a little knowledge about online selling but according to me, i will opt for the ist name.

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    I have once purchased a product from e-bay, my experience was very bad. Same person have made two accounts in two names and both of them had forced me to buy same products from them, but eventually he (they both were) was banned from e-bay. So be cautious.

I like your A option, because the word 'boutique' is only related to garments/accessories.
    no one can force anyone there ?
    you are the one who have to select the product that you wish !

Quote Originally Posted by moustafa
    Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar

no one can force anyone there ?
    you are the one who have to select the product that you wish !
    That's true! But in my case second person was asking me to buy his product and I have explained him what had happened (actually I have clicked 'buy now' option twice by mistake for two brand of same product as the page is not opening properly in my office) clearly. The rules of ebay state that the deal between two person is negotiable, but that persone paid no heed to my request and asking me to buy repeatedly. In order to save myself from get banned from e-bay, I have purchased from him and explained everything to ebay. After that they banned that person from e-bay.

Default Re: Anyone here selling at ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by divinagwapa
    I am planning to set up an ebay store in a couple of weeks. I would like to know if anyone of you here already have a store at ebay. Maybe you can give me some helpful tips. I'm planning to sell women clothing and accessories.

I have three choices for my online store's name. Please pick one. Which do you think is more appropriate?

a. The Dot Com Boutique
    b. Divine Fashion and etc
    c. The Shopaholic's Shop

Thanks everyone!
    I don't have much experience with ebay - almost none. I know what it is, and know how it works, I even was close to buy something on ebay once. As a seller I have no idea how things works.

The first choice - a. Dot Com Boutiques is something that I like