Default How high is the Virus Rate for these installs?

Obviously there are some virus scam installs which give you, well, viruses . Just wanted to know what are the chances of getting a virus in this industry?

Also, how do you guys know if the site you're joining is legit and not a scam?

for your both questions answer is the same..like we need to do some search(sometimes a lot of search) to know whether the site we are going to join is a genuine one or not and if that is a genuine and legit one we will never be getting any viruses too..and exceptions to this are very few..

Oh I see... so you search around for what? Scam reports and stuff? Still can't be sure.

hello defier..i do a search about the actual site and not for any material like a site and typing scam along with its name every time..you see it can not help us in case of very new sites..i said that about searching in the way so as to read their terms etc..their policies to get a general idea about their marketing..and seeing whether they are trying to "collect money" quickly or are really providing some proof so as to stay in the business..how u can know that..well thats easy try searching for the owner name in the contact info and then under the name of domain registration..you can find many valuable things regarding the site owner you see and if even that doesn't help you the only option is to try the service and if you are happy with them "without investing" anything then go for a "smaller investment" to start with and there you can go further too keeping track of everything..

Well to make sure its not a scam you got to do allot of research.Check forums like this with threads about scams.Ask some people and do a full on search engine to check it out.Just make sure its legit and wont tear up your computer. :twisted:

it is a risk to install any thing from those pay per install. after having viruses from them once. i don't want to join any pay per install.

i am also having same opinion, risk of virus attack will be more in these install programmes.

well, not all of them contain viruses..but reputable companies usually do not go for such affiliate programs to get launched...

Quote Originally Posted by byyp
    for your both questions answer is the same..like we need to do some search(sometimes a lot of search) to know whether the site we are going to join is a genuine one or not and if that is a genuine and legit one we will never be getting any viruses too..and exceptions to this are very few..
    Then pls tell us some good site name which is high paying and they also did not send virus. Waiting for ur reply.. :wink:

i dont really want to take any risk at all.
    i have seen such many sites.

Quote Originally Posted by manmade76
    i am also having same opinion, risk of virus attack will be more in these install programmes.
    yah.when we download something online there may contain virus in the file.and i have let it in once.

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

before you install those programs, you should scan it with antiviruses and anti spyware. It's doesn't take a long time, but it's usefull to protect your computer.

Avoid Russians :wink:

Its like tossing a coin as virus can be downloaded whenever you download something and most of times you cannot stop it, though sometimes we will know as some sites are prone to virus downloads and these can by known by searching in Google