Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default pay pal is also not secure

Hey few days back some one had hacked my paypal account and took away all my money. that clearly means that paypal is not that secure too.
    i have lost 50 USD though. then i complained to the paypal athorities and got it back

Ops its very sad news. I think ur password is not so strong. So, pls change ur password in gape of few months and also contact Admin. I also change mine. I also do that in paypal and e-gold also.

wow, that is really scary to hear that some people are really able to crack our password. i think we keep changing the password. though i don't know how to change into anotehr password

poor is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

then you should be happy that you got your money back .in other pp your money would be gone

I see that all e-currencies are the same ..
    you may lose your money from any of them
    none of them is a super e-currency

well at least paypal will pay those money we have lost becaues of some people hacing in our account. i think other payment processors will not going to pay us back for our loss money hacked by others.

Why you all blame e-currencies, hackers are breaking passwords of some bank accounts too, so better change password in regular intervals.
    Among the e-currencies, Paypal is till date safest and secure and he had go the money back as paypal can trace where from and to the money is transacted.

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by ibs1
    Why you all blame e-currencies, hackers are breaking passwords of some bank accounts too, so better change password in regular intervals.
    Among the e-currencies, Paypal is till date safest and secure and he had go the money back as paypal can trace where from and to the money is transacted.
    Yes, i agree with you ibs, we can't blame e-currencies.
    The one who should we hate is the hackers.
    Dont you think e-currencies suffer loss too if they got hacked?
    And the only one payment processor who give back your money is Paypal.

That's really a bad news archy22, sorry to hear that. You should report paypal giving the actual email or address from where the transaction has been done. I also get so many phishing emails..but as I am using gmail and spam filter, it tells me immediately if the site is fraud. You should also use firefox as a browser as its more safe..

Dear, its actually the hackers which should be hated, who do such things..paypal is getting exploited as its a major online processor..

Wow,I cant believe that happened to you.That really sucks.Well,maybe its just some who just hacked your computer and found out you had a pay pal account.I always thought pay pal was very secure.It know of makes me think different about it now.I guess i just got to becareful.Thats cool though that pay pal gave you your money back.That was one good thing about them.They didnt just do nothing about it. :twisted:

i really can't believe that it happened to him. maybe he know the person who hacked his account. well he may have seen your password.

Quote Originally Posted by indieover
    wow, that is really scary to hear that some people are really able to crack our password. i think we keep changing the password. though i don't know how to change into anotehr password
    Well there are many hackers out there which are constantly trying to break into such sites but paypal is quite secure and it's strange that the password got hacked. I guess someone must have installed a keylogger on his pc and then stole his password. Sites such as these are alert 24/7 about hackers and they hire hackers themselves to detect the flaws and fix them so that unauthorized entries are prevented.

Dear archy, as my opinion Paypal is most secure online processor. I think someone stole your password of paypal, or your PC is infected or you open your paypal in cyber caffe.

Probably your paypal account has been hacked by a person who is known to you, otherwise how did anyone guess your password?

Security wise Paypal is a bit weak because all that you need is password and you gain the access to the account ....
    Unlike other processors and digital e currencies which operate on pin mailed to your account or individual pin ... and confirmation messages stuff ...

But the interesting thing is that as soon as there is any transaction made in your account PP sends you a mail regarding that unknown transaction so by seeing that you can know that your account has been hacked... And you can always get it through charge back

As the Banks are sending the PIN number through postal mail, this types of money transfer accounts should also send the pin number through post, (though it is not possible all the time) and in this way the accounts may not have been hacked.

thats really sad to hear
    anyways happy thing is that you got your money back
    better change the password and create a stronger one

Quote Originally Posted by ashvini
    thats really sad to hear
    Well paypal is secured but it is that he has a weaker password which anyone can know easily.
    SmartzKool

Quote Originally Posted by smartzkool
    thats really sad to hear
    Well paypal is secured but it is that he has a weaker password which anyone can know easily.

i have read in one article that any password can be cracked so its always better to make some stronger password and also keep changing the password so that it becomes very difficult to crack the password
    so it will prevent the account from being hacked

i have read in one article that any password can be cracked so its always better to make some stronger password and also keep changing the password so that it becomes very difficult to crack the password
    so it will prevent the account from being hacked
    Well I don't think that his password was hacked, I guess his password was stolen by someone as he must have handled it carelessly.
    SmartzKool