Default what does cgi and php stands for

what does cgi and php stands for. what is the main difference between these two web programming languages. is php easier to use than cgi for designing websites. what is advantage of using cgi and php for web programming as compared to the other languages

Default Re: what does cgi and php stands for

Quote Originally Posted by alpine
    what does cgi and php stands for. what is the main difference between these two web programming languages. is php easier to use than cgi for designing websites. what is advantage of using cgi and php for web programming as compared to the other languages
    CGI and PHP are the interfaces between the client and the servers.
    CGI- Common Gateway Interface
    PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor.

PHP is an easier approach for beginning web developers - and advanced web developers too. It is a simple and efficient scripting language that allows developers to quickly integrate active content into their Web application.
    Attractive features of PHP is that it supports a very wide variety of databases.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

Quote Originally Posted by nick_westlife
    PHP is an easier approach for beginning web developers - and advanced web developers too. It is a simple and efficient scripting language that allows developers to quickly integrate active content into their Web application.
    Attractive features of PHP is that it supports a very wide variety of databases.
    yah PHP i smore advanced and easier to use than CGI scipts. CGI has become outdated now.

i disagree..CGI proxies are usually faster than PHP...another advantage of CGI script is SSL support...CGI web proxy can be configured to proxify secure content while PHP proxies don't support HTTPS web sites...so tell me yourself which is more better "security wise"..obviously guys its "CGI" and who says they are outdated :shock:

No I dont say it......
    So do you know CGI programming ??? I never heard of it??? Mostly all people discuss of PHP. Why they discuss of PHP only... Is it easier to learn or handle ?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

well i will try to learn PHP because it is more easy. after learning html. i will not go to PHP. thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by indieover
    well i will try to learn PHP because it is more easy. after learning html. i will not go to PHP. thanks for the tip

ya, I am also trying to learn PHP bez its very easy. But I never heard about the CGI programming . did u know that byyp?