Default should i buy a new laptop before making a new website?

why am asking this because i9f i'll be starting some site..i will be doing it for long and so will it be better to purchase a new laptop for that..i don't mind..i have enough funds for that and moreover don't want to mess up my computer even when the new site will be requiring only some space in the beginning..but wouldn't it be fine to operate that from a different computer?please suggest and which brand should i purchase..i have only used compaq,HP Pavillion and LG with windows XP service pack 2 in two of them and vista in one..i don't want to use microsoft at all now..please suggest some other good brand..thanks

I recommend using Ubuntu Linux as your operating system it is free, easy to learn, has good usability and well supported by the team.
    I am using a lenovo laptop for about one year with out any problems so I recommend that also

Lenovo laptops are the best ones. If I had enough funds at this moment I would rush out and buy today itself. Yups ...Buy Lenovo laptop.... Well that my choice.

Finally if you have a specific requirement that I need this or that then go for it, don't listen to anyone. Maybe taking a little extra time would be solving up your questions.

Linux or google ubuntu are good ones, very much less likely to be attacked by virus and spy.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

I started using ubuntu when it was 7.04 ie in April 2007 till now i never had any data loses. best thing about linux is that you won't need drivers for most of the hardwares. Sometimes I found the program more intelligent also. i say so because it recognizes my mp3player as a music player while for XP it is still a removable disc

I dont know much of the laptops but Linux is the OS which I am working on with and it has no problem what so ever. Go for Linux.

Well I too will suggest you to go for Lenovo as they simply the best. Use windows as the Operating system not linux.
    SmartzKool

Quote Originally Posted by smartzkool
    Well I too will suggest you to go for Lenovo as they simply the best. Use windows as the Operating system not linux.
    Windows and Virus are friends. So if you have windows then surely your chances of your site attacked by viruses.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

Quote Originally Posted by moreinfo
    I recommend using Ubuntu Linux as your operating system it is free, easy to learn, has good usability and well supported by the team.
    I am using a lenovo laptop for about one year with out any problems so I recommend that also
    i think that this is the best operating system.even the mnc's prefer this operating system.it is said that it is very hard to get virus if you use this Operating system.this is the best.

buying a laptop for just a new website is not really necessary

Are you planning to host the website on your laptop cos if you are then its no point buying a laptop u need a server desktop. but if u just want to manage the site then a laptop is useful.

There are basic laptops for 800 - 1000$ with pretty good configurations for running anything.
    Try the Compaq Presario Series.

I suggest u that to buy a Lenovo laptops bez they r the best .

You can choose between hp and toshiba. In terms of durability, I think they are good choices.