Default How to Create an Awesome Blog in 3 Easy Steps!

So you have a blog and your traffic sucks? That is usually the case with newbie bloggers.

Did you know that the biggest mistake bloggers make is that they pick the wrong topic and niche and didn't do their research? There are lots of travel, sports and home decorating blogs out there - so what makes your blog unique?

Here are a few easy steps to point you in the right direction of how to create an awesome blog that actually drives traffic to your site!

1. Pick a unique blog that targets your niche market. Make sure it's relevant to your products and services and is fun and interesting. Who wants to read a boring blog?

2. Do not and I repeat - do NOT turn your blog into an advertorial - a blog is not meant to SELL or ADVERTISE your products and services - sure, you can point links back to your website (where you sell your products and services) but a blog is supposed to engage your visitors!

3. Offer unique content and pick cool, fun and quirky articles. Keep your blog posts to a minimum (300-500 words) and break up paragraphs using bullet points, lists, numbers and cool graphics/images. Use good grammar (and if you are not a native English speaker, hire someone to write your articles for you or buy them from a professional copy or content writer).

It's just that easy. If you have specific questions, I'm a professional copywriter and marketing consultant specializing specifically in online marketing. Feel free to PM me. Thanks!
    Last edited by Yogagirl; 04-08-10 at 06:16.

Thanks for the tips.

Default NIche blogs..

...are certainly the way to go! The number of blogs on 'best movies' is huge and it's unlikely a new blog will ever get that many visits. But a blog on 'lighthouse decor' is definately going to rank highly in google - it may be a niche market but you'll be surprised how many people may just be looking for lighthouse decor -the key is to keep it interesting and keep people coming back!

Default Awesome

awesome tips. thanks for sharing.Keep it up guys.

thanks for the tips they were very useful

Great blogging tips!