Default Using Xoom to Send Money

Has anybody use this kind of method to send money if so can you share your experience?

Default Re: Using Xoom to Send Money

Quote Originally Posted by danega
    Has anybody use this kind of method to send money if so can you share your experience?
    I think xoom is for us to get cheaper fees on withdrawing money to our bank account not for sending money is it? It is only worth for those country member which have high withdrawal cost in paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by kiatsiang
    I think xoom is for us to get cheaper fees on withdrawing money to our bank account not for sending money is it? It is only worth for those country member which have high withdrawal cost in paypal.
    I have checked xoom and there charges on sending money as for our country is way too high I thought this is much cheaper but it's too high.

Being an indian, i think its having some problems transferring to our country according to inputs got from my indian friend, don't know exactly how reliable it is

Hmmm. It seems a good way to transfer money from paypal to one's country. Well you can try to withdraw some money to test with this method and check for yourself.

Well so far here in our country Philippines there are lots of banks that accepts xoom and some of my relatives says the it's a very good way to receive money form their family outside the country it's very fast and they receive the money instantly.

Well so far here in our country Philippines there are lots of banks that accepts xoom and some of my relatives says the it's a very good way to receive money form their family outside the country it's very fast and they receive the money instantly.
    Hmmm. So it works like WU. Well i wish they also support alertpay so i could use it. But what about the charges?

Quote Originally Posted by darksorrow
    Hmmm. So it works like WU. Well i wish they also support alertpay so i could use it. But what about the charges?
    more likely yes it is more like WU I dont know if they support AP and the charges really depends on the country where you are from I guess coz from there you could see the converter have to select the country you are in then put the amount you are going to send then they will give you the fee amount after doing that.

more likely yes it is more like WU I dont know if they support AP and the charges really depends on the country where you are from I guess coz from there you could see the converter have to select the country you are in then put the amount you are going to send then they will give you the fee amount after doing that.
    But don't you think it is a bit more expensive. Since from paypal you can transfer money on your bank and if you do the same through a medium then it's going to be more expensive. Am i right?

Quote Originally Posted by darksorrow
    But don't you think it is a bit more expensive. Since from paypal you can transfer money on your bank and if you do the same through a medium then it's going to be more expensive. Am i right?
    I don't need any exchanger like zoom to transfer money from Paypal as we can transfer money directly from Paypal to our bank account, but other processors like alertpay and LR has problems transfering money

I also don't need xoom for transfering money from PP account to my bank account as I am an Indian though some of the Indian members have used this processor before. I don't know the reason behind it, may be they have used it to exchange money from those payment processor other than Paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by alensot
    I don't need any exchanger like zoom to transfer money from Paypal as we can transfer money directly from Paypal to our bank account, but other processors like alertpay and LR has problems transfering money
    Well i have not withdrawn moeny from any of the payment processors yet. I am loosing much. But do you know any site intermediary for AP which transfers money?

Those members who can withdraw their PayPal funds through their bank accounts and credit/debit cards directly, won't need to use xoom anymore. I guess, most of their members use it for bank transfers only.

hyxfei is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

xoom would be useful for Chinese paypal members and we can bear less charges than withdraw from paypal directly.

Quote Originally Posted by kiatsiang
    I have checked xoom and there charges on sending money as for our country is way too high I thought this is much cheaper but it's too high.
    In some countries, the fee is quite high, but there is a coupon code for the new members, then you can transfer money by it without any fee.

hyxfei is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

well. the cupon code have expired time and one need to have enough balance on their papal account then choose xoom. i have not much money on my paypal account so the cupon code is useless for me and it expired soon.

well to withdraw the paypal fund i have not found any difficulty in my country India, the only problem is my LR funds no direct deposit so got to exchange it

Quote Originally Posted by danega View Post
    I used it several times and have had great luck