Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can I register domain with fake name or address?

Friends, I may buy a domain soon, but while registering domain, I don't want to give my true information i.e. true name, true address. And I wonder if it's possible to register with fake name and address. If I do so, will I face any problem in the future? In the first place, shall I need to submit my documents or photo id proofs to register domains?

Default Re: Can I register domain with fake name or address?

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    Friends, I may buy a domain soon, but while registering domain, I don't want to give my true information i.e. true name, true address. And I wonder if it's possible to register with fake name and address. If I do so, will I face any problem in the future? In the first place, shall I need to submit my documents or photo id proofs to register domains?
    Yes you can give fake details but better book a domain wit private option if you wont want to disclose it .

while registering a domain, you do not need to submit your address verification or something like that, at least what I know. If you do not want to disclose your name or address, there is an option by which you can hide them from public viewing and I knew this information from this forum also though I can't tell you at this moment what exactly it is.

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    while registering a domain, you do not need to submit your address verification or something like that, at least what I know. If you do not want to disclose your name or address, there is an option by which you can hide them from public viewing and I knew this information from this forum also though I can't tell you at this moment what exactly it is.
    You need to fill address form while registering, because you can't buy the domain if you're not registering first.
    Anyway, you can give fake address, but it's not recommended

john is offline Senior Member I was here more times.

As satyakam said you can hide your details but it will cost extra what i know but if you dont want to do that then you can go for fake details no problem in it.

Quote Originally Posted by john
    As satyakam said you can hide your details but it will cost extra what i know but if you dont want to do that then you can go for fake details no problem in it.
    That's what I wanted. That means instead of paying extra money to hide real details, we can simply put fake details which cost nothing at all. But I wonder if it's against the rule of domain registration or something.

Hiding your address will cost $0.99 if I'm not wrong.
    But many people will look at your information like name, address, and phone number as reliability to our site

Default Re: Can I register domain with fake name or address?

No need to worry about it dear -Do not submit ur documents or photo id proofs to register domain ...

u can do it with ur fack name.... There is no problem at all...

That's what I wanted. That means instead of paying extra money to hide real details, we can simply put fake details which cost nothing at all. But I wonder if it's against the rule of domain registration or something.
    When you register, you do not need to put any real name and address at all. Even on the WHOIS database for a domain, those admistrativie and technical contact can also changes to other name which didn't match with your registration contact too.

But many people will look at your information like name, address, and phone number as reliability to our site
    No, I heard it's more than $8, so it's little costlier than putting fake names.

@eddielkk,
    May I know how to change those registration details in whois databse? Can we change?

@eddielkk,
    May I know how to change those registration details in whois databse? Can we change?
    When you bougth the domain, you can access to your domain registration and whois record to changes the details by the password given by your domain registrar company. Some Domain registrar company, don't allow user to login and changes for their, but mostly is allowable. You can check with the registrar company that you going to buy with.

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

@eddielkk,
    yes it costs around 8 to 12 usd it is not 0.99 ,i think some problem in fake registration if not then why there is hide option ?every registrant can put fake details.

yes it costs around 8 to 12 usd it is not 0.99 ,i think some problem in fake registration if not then why there is hide option ?every registrant can put fake details.
    Yeah I too wonder the same. I also have one more question, is it possible to change our name and address after once we registered. I mean, suppose while registering I put fake name and address, and later if I want to put correct name and address, can I edit it easily?

Quote Originally Posted by tom

@eddielkk,
    $8 - $12 is for buy a domain.
    After buying domain, you can put fake information or put real information but you can hide it for extra cost $0.99

john is offline Senior Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by alec11

@eddielkk,
    After buying domain, you can put fake information or put real information but you can hide it for extra cost $0.99
    No as tom said it is not 0.99 it is around 10 to 12 usd you can check any domain registration company i'm very much sure about it.

@eddielkk,
    No as tom said it is not 0.99 it is around 10 to 12 usd you can check any domain registration company i'm very much sure about it.
    Did you already check it or just consider it?
    I already check name.com, I have an account there and I see that Private Whois service is free, not $8 - $12
    Please check again. I would like to know what domain registrar you use, so I can check it.

I already check name.com, I have an account there and I see that Private Whois service is free, not $8 - $12
    Please check again. I would like to know what domain registrar you use, so I can check it.
    Friend, but I think the private option is something else, not to hide your whois data. I have seen this private option in all registrars and it's free, but it does not hide your whois details if I'm not wrong. I'm sure it will cost us around $7 to $10.

@eddielkk,
    Well alec if you are telling about name .com i dont know about it but it is very cheap then but as others saying i too agree with them i myself tried in godaddy and checked infrenion and otehr sites they too asking $12 for hide though i didn't change or make but what i know it costs $12.

Quote Originally Posted by satyakam

@eddielkk,
    Well alec if you are telling about name .com i dont know about it but it is very cheap then but as others saying i too agree with them i myself tried in godaddy and checked infrenion and otehr sites they too asking $12 for hide though i didn't change or make but what i know it costs $12.
    You're right about godaddy.
    Godaddy sell this service (private whois) for $8.95.
    But most domain registrant offer it for free or lesser amount like $2

Quote Originally Posted by satyakam

@eddielkk,
    You're right about godaddy.
    Godaddy sell this service (private whois) for $8.95.
    But most domain registrant offer it for free or lesser amount like $2
    I don't like godaddy - bez if u want to buy from here then u have to a verify paypal Id - eaither then u can't buy it.. So, how can u hide ur name??
    Thanks why its good to buy a domain name from other site...