Default diff. bet. web designer and web developer

Friends, I'm still confused about the difference between "web designer" and "web developer".

Here is what I can understand :
    web designer means those people who create banners and make spicy our websites with nice design using flash or something.
    Web developer means those people who creates html or script in a webpage.

Or else, do they have same meaning?

Hope someone will help me.

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

Well what i know designer responsioble for the looks and feels of a certain
    web site giving layouts and developer coordinates with logic all implementation means after clicking this what should happen ?like work.

Web designer is the person who makes the website looks and feels good where as developer is the person who makes it happen.

john is offline Senior Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    web site giving layouts and developer coordinates with logic all implementation means after clicking this what should happen ?like work.
    yes you are correct designer is responsible for design and developer is the person who develop whole thing mainly database connectivity and other things.

Web designer is one who designs a website without any client interaction and web developer is one who designs as well as develops a client interaction site with programming involved in it

Quote Originally Posted by alensot
    Web designer is one who designs a website without any client interaction and web developer is one who designs as well as develops a client interaction site with programming involved in it
    of all the above given things this one is correct.I think the developer used the most times client side application and can make pages from scratch.

So friend basically you mean web developer is the webmaster, and web designer is just a designer whose task is to create banners and attractive templates, or layouts? right?

john is offline Senior Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    So friend basically you mean web developer is the webmaster, and web designer is just a designer whose task is to create banners and attractive templates, or layouts? right?
    But designer is the person whose work can't be ignored because after a successful layout one developer can develop a site.

But designer is the person whose work can't be ignored because after a successful layout one developer can develop a site.[/quote]
    But I think even designer need to have scripts knowledge because he can create attractive templates or layouts only with nice html codes and other scripts. So I guess even web designer is a web developer.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    But designer is the person whose work can't be ignored because after a successful layout one developer can develop a site.
    But I think even designer need to have scripts knowledge because he can create attractive templates or layouts only with nice html codes and other scripts. So I guess even web designer is a web developer.[/quote]

A good web-designer will know some knowledge of scripting as it will be good for developing a good site

Default REPLY!

Basically a web designer is an architect of whole website, as he deals in the gui of the same!
    Whereas the web developer is the one who writes all the code i.e. backend of the website!