Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do you usually take 5 years hosting at a time?

There is some discount in almost all the hosting services when you take hosting for 5 years and have you taken this 5 years hosting facility for any of your sites?

Default Re: Do you usually take 5 years hosting at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by alensot
    There is some discount in almost all the hosting services when you take hosting for 5 years and have you taken this 5 years hosting facility for any of your sites?
    well,because i don't know whether this hosting is good or not,so when i buy it on the first time,though it has some discount for bought 5 years.i only buy one year to have a try.if it is used well,i will consider to buy several years one time.

If i am first time deal with the hosting company, i will only sign for 1 year to test their hosting services as well as their customer support. If i am satisfy during the hosting services, i will continues to signup 5 year with them when comes to renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by easy08
    well,because i don't know whether this hosting is good or not,so when i buy it on the first time,though it has some discount for bought 5 years.i only buy one year to have a try.if it is used well,i will consider to buy several years one time.
    I once had booked for 3 years as there was an offer or else i will also consider renewing it every year instead of having it for 5 years booked and paying more

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

I prefer to book just 1 year because we don't know yet if that hosting is really great or not. But we should register our domain for 3-5 year s at a time if you want to impress your visitors

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

It will be foolish or suicidal if any body will take long term hosting because you dont know about the quality and service of the hosting company and second thing is it will cost huge money .

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    It will be foolish or suicidal if any body will take long term hosting because you dont know about the quality and service of the hosting company and second thing is it will cost huge money .
    you're right, even if we're dealing with a big company like hostgator, or other big web hosting site, we should be aware.
    Check on review on each big web hosting site, there's many negative comment about them too

People thought that in order to save money then sign up for longer period like 5 years, but they never think that whether his site can last for that long or not, or whether the hosting company can last for that long time? it is just waste of money, if the hosting company just shutdown his business after some time, then we are losing money not saving.

Quote Originally Posted by kiatsiang
    People thought that in order to save money then sign up for longer period like 5 years, but they never think that whether his site can last for that long or not, or whether the hosting company can last for that long time? it is just waste of money, if the hosting company just shutdown his business after some time, then we are losing money not saving.
    Risk factor will be there everywhere , but we are seeing minimal risk all the time and here also some risk is there, but when it is dealing with reputed companies, risk is minimal for sure

Risk factor will be there everywhere , but we are seeing minimal risk all the time and here also some risk is there, but when it is dealing with reputed companies, risk is minimal for sure
    Are you sure? Which site you think is a reputable companies?
    Even godaddy and hostgator has bad many comment and disappointed customer. 1-2 year is enough I think

john is offline Senior Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by alec11
    Are you sure? Which site you think is a reputable companies?
    Even godaddy and hostgator has bad many comment and disappointed customer. 1-2 year is enough I think
    in online business or dealing you can't tell any body as good why to take risk what is wrong if you will renew annually it may happen in next time you may get another good company giving better feature than current.

My hosting company is quite old and is very reliable and i have been hosting all my sites in their server with lot more comfort and i can depend on them and moreover while booking for 5 years also, we are not paying that heavily as may be we pay for around 3 years or sometimes even little less than cost for 2 years

I'm not good at buying hosting, so I will not buy it 5 years in one time although there is a discount. if it is bad, you will lose more than the price for one year.

Well i think you should never buy a hosting for 5years even though it provides a great service.There may come some problems in future so better to keep away from using such coupons for long terms.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowking
    Well i think you should never buy a hosting for 5years even though it provides a great service.There may come some problems in future so better to keep away from using such coupons for long terms.
    Yes, the takers are very less, but the fact is there are some takers of this 5 years scheme and i also don't mind taking this offer with discount in reputed servers

yes,because anyhosting is not good at anything.so if you have any problem in it ,you can't change another hosting.because you have paid for 5 years.unless you want to lose these money for 5years and choose another new hosting again.

Well i think there are the things that are making no use of such coupons especially with new hosting.As you can see the thread by lemon where0.50$ per month hosting with coupon but later in just few days the hosting is gone.I am telling this because many times we buy hosting for 5 years due to some coupons or advantages of some code.Also many times the company makes the offer for 5 year hosting package like hostgator always announce rates for 5 year package so when we check the rates it is almost double for a one year hosting if considered monthly.
    Sorry if i forget to mention it clearly in my post.I have edited it now.

Well i think there are the things that are making no use of such coupons especially with new hosting.As you can see the thread by lemon where0.50$ per month hosting with coupon but later in just few days the hosting is gone.
    I don't see members here is discussing about webhosting coupon, we are discuss about whether we will take for 5 years plan in order to save some money, Please reply to the thread, don't make senseless post here. Thanks.

I always believe that cheaper hosting is difficut to believe that will last longer and i always go for reliable hostings which has already theer for many years

Well, I think i will never buy 5 years hosting at a time. Technology is developing daily and price of computer is also decreasing at the same time. So, hosting price will always decrease than before. So, if you buy a hosting with $60 per year, after 2 year, you will get the same package for only $20 per year.