Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How Google Adsense Detects Invalid Clicks?

I just came to know how Google Adsense detects invalid clicks. I hope this is the very good information to avoid your Adsense websites from invalid clicks.

IP Address:
    If the Adsense click is originated from the same IP Address as the one used for accessing your Adsense account, your account is flagged.

Cookies:
    Most home users do not use static IP Address for Internet connection. In most cases just disconnect and reconnect will give you a new IP Address. But don’t forget, Google has set cookies on your computer.

Other Google Services:
    Thinking that you are safe just because you do not access your Adsense account? Think again. This time, consider these: Gmail, Google Earth, Google Calendar, Google Search, Google Toolbar, Google Talk, Google Sitemap, Google Desktop, Blogger, and so on, and so on. With the wide range of services they provide, Google can trace the originator of most (or probably almost all) clicks.

Click Pattern 1:
    Oh, why this computer / IP address / person is so trigger-click-happy on this particular website but never click on the ads on other sites?

Click Pattern 2:
    And why is it that people accessing these sites direct (type-in URL or from bookmark) tend to be very active ad-clickers compared with those referred from search engine or other sites?

Click Pattern 3:
    And why the ad-clickers like to hit and run, compared with non ad-clickers that surf a few pages before leaving?

Click-Through-Rate (CTR):
    Your CTR may range from 0.5% to 10%, but if it exceeds a certain point (probably around 10%), you are flagged.

Geo-Location:
    Used Urchin (Google Analytics) before? Then you should know that Google can trace traffics origin down to the small town. Different IP doesn’t mean much. Unless you site is really targeted to one small geo-point, a high number of clicks from nearby location will get you banned quickly.

Hardware address:
    MAC address of the LAN card, modem, and router works almost like a fingerprint. I’m not sure if Google can track this, but probably they do. They have rocket scientist, remember?

Advertisers conversion rate:
    Ad click is one thing. But does it bring value to the advertisers? If none of the clicks on your site translate to conversion to the advertiser, you are in trouble. First the Smart-Pricing hits, then your Adsense account disabled.

Search Engine Ranking:
    Your website is not indexed on any search engine, not linked by any prominent website, but get consistently high traffic? That sounds like something is in play. Regardless of whether it is an adware-embedded software, spam, trojan clickbot, or intentionally installed click-exchange network, it doesn’t sound right.

Webpage Design:
    How about the “click here” or “support us”? Google has the best search engine in the world. Is it really that hard to find those words?

Combo:
    Each of these detection methods might seem rather weak. But combine them together, and not many click-fraud can pass-through these filters. Even the smartest clickbot will have a hard time.

In short, it is almost impossible to cheat Adsense in the long term. Instead of spending time, money, and effort trying to outsmart Google.

Please feel free to Post your comments or any of your knowledge abouth this topic.

Happy Blogging.

If anyone clicks the ad and doesnot open the site completely , the click will consider as invalid click, some times after clicking the ads if you go backwords its a invalid click shown.

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

Wow, there's so many way to detect fraudulent clicks.
    this article is enough to make us afraid to try cheat google

its a very informative article ,ya i agree with your all points ,now some people adopting another trick they first trying to get keywords on which their site showing in search engine.then they are telling their friends to follow that path to click their ads ,but i dont like one method of Google is if some body has enmity with another user and that user started clicking everyday the result will be ban of that innocent user's account.But adbrite filters all invalid clcik they dont count these.Gogle always search for excuses how to ban or delete account.

The thing is google is very strict on their policy. And they have too many publishers and they just ban people because it won't affect them. I don't know if they ban people for making the advertisers happy with refunds.

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by darksorrow
    The thing is google is very strict on their policy. And they have too many publishers and they just ban people because it won't affect them. I don't know if they ban people for making the advertisers happy with refunds.
    I have doubt on them as they practically returning money to advertisers or not who is checking this and i dont agree with one point
    Click-Through-Rate (CTR):
    Your CTR may range from 0.5% to 10%, but if it exceeds a certain point (probably around 10%), you are flagged.
    if a site has good ad and conversion rate is high what is his fault?

john is offline Senior Member I was here more times.

you are right now google is doing monopoly even a layman is using google adword for advertising so google has huge advertisements than other sites thats why others are little liberal .

I think i same see this article somewhere before, it is indeed a very good articles to remind others not to try cheating google with invalid clicks. They have too many ways to detect us, and they have a big team who works with google, so members shouldn't get a chance on cheating.

john is offline Senior Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by eddielkk
    I think i same see this article somewhere before, it is indeed a very good articles to remind others not to try cheating google with invalid clicks. They have too many ways to detect us, and they have a big team who works with google, so members shouldn't get a chance on cheating.
    you are right but another thing is true still some people earning $100 in 2/3 months time frame by making big group and doing it cleverly.

Quote Originally Posted by eddielkk
    well i think you are true regarding it but still there are cheaters out there.I have not applied google adsense yet and not involved in afflitate too but i think people must see other ways to earn like getting some real good traffic to site than banning their accounts.

There are still many cheater because they think they are smarter than google. and because they are not reading all terms and policies of using adsense.

Quote Originally Posted by master
    There are still many cheater because they think they are smarter than google. and because they are not reading all terms and policies of using adsense.
    many of my friend's have lost their google adsense account due to the same.I am not using it yet but people must read terms as this can avoid not many faults.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowking
    many of my friend's have lost their google adsense account due to the same.I am not using it yet but people must read terms as this can avoid not many faults.
    well, why you're not trying to use adsense?
    If you want to monetize your site, then adsense is a good start

Quote Originally Posted by alec11
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowking
    well, why you're not trying to use adsense?
    If you want to monetize your site, then adsense is a good start
    well my website is less than 6 months old and so i can not apply for adsense.It is given in their rule.But still there are many programmes which i can apply.

when more than 5-6 click from the same ip google will know that these are fake clicks and there are no software to detect they detect according to the clicks got from the same ip

Quote Originally Posted by wanted123
    when more than 5-6 click from the same ip google will know that these are fake clicks and there are no software to detect they detect according to the clicks got from the same ip
    Google does not only traces ip but also uses cookies and other methods to detect invalid clicks. Well the thing is they are very strict and one needs to be very careful on using adsense.

well thats not the case ,if any body will clcik 6 different ads from one ip google wont do anything but that should not be repeating and if you will read complete thread google has different tactics not only invalid clcik they track clicking patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by satyakam
    well thats not the case ,if any body will clcik 6 different ads from one ip google wont do anything but that should not be repeating and if you will read complete thread google has different tactics not only invalid clcik they track clicking patterns.
    I don't think that's okay.
    If google ads showing 100 ads in our site and we ask our friend to click all those 100 ads in a day, I believe our account will get banned before we can receive payment check

Google takes clicking patterns in to account but i don't think google just let's one click on too many ads. What i know google stores cookies on browsers. So that persons clicking pattern on different sites may not be counted as invalid.

Google takes clicking patterns in to account but i don't think google just let's one click on too many ads. What i know google stores cookies on browsers. So that persons clicking pattern on different sites may not be counted as invalid.
    Oh yeah, talk about cookie, do you know that google's cookie last on people computer for more than 10 years? Usually, website cookie just last for 1 year maximum.
    So, that's why google can keep track us all