Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

Default Install flash template

Hi all, anyone know how to install flash template to our site?
    and what software do I need to install them.

Thanks

Default Re: Install flash template

Quote Originally Posted by alec11
    Hi all, anyone know how to install flash template to our site?
    and what software do I need to install them.

Thanks
    If the flash file is ready, you can install using Dreamweaver also and if you knwo HTML codes, you can write the code in notepad also

you means install flash templates or modify existing templates to treat it as yours? Becuase i think installing flash templates, is just hosted the flash file to the hosting place and path the main page to the host file, it should work well. If modify the flash template, then you need macromedia flash or dreamweaver to edit the flash first before compile it to swf file.

no, not modify it. Let's assume that I get a flash template for free, then I want to implement it on my site.
    I know that normal install like installing script is not working.

Honestly, I didn't know and never install any flash template.
    But I heard that we should convert something into .fla file using macromedia flash.
    So, you need macromedia flash software for sure

Okay, so how do I exactly install flash template to my site?
    I don't think I just need to upload the fla files to my site.
    I think I need to activate it, but don't know how.

You first have to open this fla file in flash and then going to public settings you got to alter the file extension to swf and save it again and now this swf file can be added into your website by Dreamweaver directly

I think now i understand what you means, you means the flash templates that you have now is in .fla file, then you need to compile it to swf using macromedia flash. You may then creates a blank html page, and input this swf flash file inside. Then later go for traditional way to host the html file with the flash. It will works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by eddielkk
    I think now i understand what you means, you means the flash templates that you have now is in .fla file, then you need to compile it to swf using macromedia flash. You may then creates a blank html page, and input this swf flash file inside. Then later go for traditional way to host the html file with the flash. It will works fine.
    Yes, he is having .fla file with him which has to be converted to swf and then insert into a web page and if that fla file is of old version it cannot be opened in new version of flash..!

Well i have used the pages that are made directly into the page from a software available online.I am using it since a long time and working fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowking
    Well i have used the pages that are made directly into the page from a software available online.I am using it since a long time and working fine for me.
    What you are intending to say here...! nothing is understood here? what do you mena by pages directly made into page by software?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowking
    can you tell us how you exactly install flash template to your site?
    and please tell us your site link here so we can look at it

Actually, without learning Flash, it's really difficult to edit ita nd it's not that easy and its better you learn flash and then go for flash templates editing

Friends, sorry for my ignorance, exactly I wonder what fla files and swf files. I guess files that are created in macromedia flash player or dreamwaver have the extension swf, and the files that are created in flash player is fla files. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    Friends, sorry for my ignorance, exactly I wonder what fla files and swf files. I guess files that are created in macromedia flash player or dreamwaver have the extension swf, and the files that are created in flash player is fla files. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    friend, fla files is the project files saved in macromedia flash. With fla files you can edit and add in new action scripts to the flash file, while the swf files is already compiled in executeable file. With swf file, we can't edit it in macromedia flash or dreamweaver. It is only compiled to run on website.

friend, fla files is the project files saved in macromedia flash. With fla files you can edit and add in new action scripts to the flash file, while the swf files is already compiled in executeable file. With swf file, we can't edit it in macromedia flash or dreamweaver. It is only compiled to run on website.
    I think it will take some time for me to understand when I try macromedia flash and dreamweaver myself. Anyway, today I noticed I have a video with fla extension and I can play the file in VLC, Windows media player etc.

I think it will take some time for me to understand when I try macromedia flash and dreamweaver myself. Anyway, today I noticed I have a video with fla extension and I can play the file in VLC, Windows media player etc.
    well , VLC can play flash file like swf, so I think it's normal if VLC can read .fla file too.
    Anyway, thanks for the answer, so I need to get macromedia flash and dreamweaver now.

Well, some of the video players with proper codec extension can play all sort of files extension including .fla. One of the famous codec site is those kazaa codec.

Well, some of the video players with proper codec extension can play all sort of files extension including .fla. One of the famous codec site is those kazaa codec.
    I think I was wrong.
    .fla is extension for flash before packed into swf, so I don't think .fla can be played with VLC player

I think I was wrong.
    .fla is extension for flash before packed into swf, so I don't think .fla can be played with VLC player
    Any file with .fla cannot be played anywhere except Flash and you can edit it by taking the file to Flash and then again save it as .swf