Default html and BB code

what is the different between html and BB code ? in which area those codes are use?

The basic difference between BBCode and HTML is that while HTML uses < and > to surround tags, BBCode requires that you use [ and ]. Once you realize that, it's pretty smooth sailing.

For example, bold text is produced with text to have in bold, while italics is generated with and and underlining (which is still a bad idea on a Web page, even in BBCode) is done with and .

Font color and size changes are accomplished with deprecated HTML "font" tag attributes: text in red turns some text red, for example. You can also specify the hexidecimal color equivalent if you're a purist (that is, use [color=#ccff00]), and text size can be specified as a value of 1..29, where 1=very small text and 29=really big text.

Friend, the basic difference is html code is used in web pages and bbcode is used in forums. I mean if you want to display any output, you should put bbcode in forums, and for normal web pages, you should put html codes.

BBcode is stand for bulletin board code, which is actually an enhanced coding use in bulletin board or forum board to ease user in posting message. Well, once the BBcode is use, it will then interprete and translate to HTML code to display correctly as seen in webpages.

i have knowledge in html already. some basics. i have to learn bb codes. i need to learn cause i haev difficulty adding links in forums . cause the html formal does not work in forums.

Quote Originally Posted by indieover
    i have knowledge in html already. some basics. i have to learn bb codes. i need to learn cause i haev difficulty adding links in forums . cause the html formal does not work in forums.
    Well, you clearly explained the difference between bbcodes and html codes. HTML codes don't work in forums if you post, so people use bbcode to post in forums. In fact, I think, the forum script itself is made of the bbcodes.

Well for forum it is sure that there will be no html code adding.But if you want to show someone some codes then you can post them in between quote.This is the only method to show them to someone.

well, i have heard about these stuffs on some other freleance writing sites when people are demanding some work to get done from others.[/u]

Though Everybody has replied here in their way and all are right , sorry for late reply here,

I am telling the meaning and the purpose of BB code.
    Basically the BBCode Is the Short Form Of "Bulletin Board Code" and this code is specially used in all forums only. Its just like <HTML> but html is more powerful than BB code and its the lightweight markup language.
    The available tags are usually indicated by square brackets surrounding a keyword, and they are parsed by the message board system before being translated into a markup language that web browsers understand—usually HTML or XHTML.

:arrow: Its Main Purpose Is As Follows:
    BBCode was devised to provide a safer, easier and more limited way of allowing users to format their messages. Previously, many message boards allowed the users to include HTML formatting, a side effect of which was that malformed HTML could disrupt the page's layout, or HTML could be used to run JavaScript leading to XSS attacks. Some implementations of BBCode have suffered problems related to the way they translate the BBCode into HTML, which could negate the security that was intended to be given by BBCode. An alternative is a properly written HTML filter.
    Although the basic tags of BBCode are similar in most internet forum software, there is currently no standards document for BBCode and there are consequently many incompatible variants. Some variants are case-sensitive while others are not. Some variants have tags which highlight the formatting of HTML, ASP, PHP, SQL and other markup languages and programming languages.

Some Sample Of BBcode ( I think Its not required here as you always using BBcode here in ur post.)

Code:
    &#91;b&#93;&#91;color=yellow&#93;BBCode&#91;/color&#93;&#91;/b&#93;

&#91;b&#93;bolded text&#91;/b&#93;
    &#91;i&#93;italicized text&#91;/i&#93;
    &#91;u&#93;underlined text&#91;/u&#93;
    &#91;s&#93;strikethrough text&#91;/s&#93;
    &#91;url&#93;http&#58;//example.org&#91;/url&#93;
    &#91;url=http&#58;//example.com&#93;Example&#91;/url&#93;

I think writing about HTML is not required here as you all are very familiar with this markup language and you also very good at html so i am not describing about html here, if you need it then plz tell me i will again write about it.
    Thanks.

as I know, BBcode is for forum and HTML is for blog. I often post referral banners on forums in the way of BBcode, but it doesn't work in my blog, and I have to post banners in HTML.