Default Can any Domain be renewed one month aftre expiry?

If a certain Domain we booked gets expired, can it be renewed after one month of expiry? i think there is some problem for initial 2- 3months after expiry..!

Default Re: Can any Domain be renewed one month aftre expiry?

Quote Originally Posted by alensot
    If a certain Domain we booked gets expired, can it be renewed after one month of expiry? i think there is some problem for initial 2- 3months after expiry..!
    Yes, we still can renewed again with those expired domain that we owned before provided that the expired domain did not booked/purchased by others.

Default Re: Can any Domain be renewed one month aftre expiry?

Quote Originally Posted by eddielkk
    Yes, we still can renewed again with those expired domain that we owned before provided that the expired domain did not booked/purchased by others.
    I had one domain which expired recently and when i tried booking the same domain after a month, i got a message saying that i cannot book as it is in holding status and will be released only after 3 months..!

Well, I don't think we can do that especially if we had a good domain name that will be booked by other people when it's going to expire

Quote Originally Posted by master
    Well, I don't think we can do that especially if we had a good domain name that will be booked by other people when it's going to expire
    No, my domain was not a good domain in demand and i don't think anybody will take it but it was on hold even after 3 months of expiry and i think there is some rule regarding release of expired domains

No, my domain was not a good domain in demand and i don't think anybody will take it but it was on hold even after 3 months of expiry and i think there is some rule regarding release of expired domains
    You should contact your domain registrar company to rebook back the domain that you want there. They should release your domain for you back after neccessary payment and clarification been made.

john is offline Senior Member I was here more times.

It depends on the booking if previously some body booked it by paying to the registrar then registrar may allot it but generally godaddy like registrar keeps the domain for 1 month ,pl contact the registrar.

You should contact your domain registrar company to rebook back the domain that you want there. They should release your domain for you back after neccessary payment and clarification been made.
    I actually contacted them and they replied back saying i will have to pay $200 for just getting back that particular domain..! i really want to know this as i checked Google also which says for 2 months it might be in pending hold or something of that sort

I actually contacted them and they replied back saying i will have to pay $200 for just getting back that particular domain..! i really want to know this as i checked Google also which says for 2 months it might be in pending hold or something of that sort
    Huh? renewing a domain need $200? i think buying new domain will be cheaper than renewing this domain. Is it because your domain is having high page rank thats why they charging so high cost?

I think there is some rules regarding this domains standing in pending status or holdings status for 2-3 months after expiry and i have looked into Google also and there also they have explained this and there must be something one can do in this 2-3 months period at least to block this domain if not book it as giving away $200 is quite a big amount..!

well if it is not taken by someone else may be you could try renewing it again, why don't you check with your dealer or whomsoever it is concerned they might help you faster

I think there is some rules regarding this domains standing in pending status or holdings status for 2-3 months after expiry and i have looked into Google also and there also they have explained this and there must be something one can do in this 2-3 months period at least to block this domain if not book it as giving away $200 is quite a big amount..!
    You do one thing if your domain is not popular then dont try now you try after2 months and book like ordinary booking that will be smarter choice.

Quote Originally Posted by satyakam
    You do one thing if your domain is not popular then dont try now you try after2 months and book like ordinary booking that will be smarter choice.
    Yes, i did the same thing, but i just wanted to know why we cannot book it after expiry..! it will be kept in pending hold status o something like that as soon as it gets expired and there is also a way for releasing it for cheaper price, but don't know how....

Friends, as far as I know, after your domain expired, there will be 90 days grace period for you to renew. I mean your domain will be kept on hold for 90 days for you to renew, and if you fail to do it in three months, the domain will be sent to public to register again.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    Friends, as far as I know, after your domain expired, there will be 90 days grace period for you to renew. I mean your domain will be kept on hold for 90 days for you to renew, and if you fail to do it in three months, the domain will be sent to public to register again.
    No, you are wrong and you cannot even renew after 1 month of expiry as i get pending hold status after one month

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by satyakam
    Yes, i did the same thing, but i just wanted to know why we cannot book it after expiry..! it will be kept in pending hold status o something like that as soon as it gets expired and there is also a way for releasing it for cheaper price, but don't know how....
    This is a trick of registrar to exploit the original domain owner and to take good money from them so better wait and watch and then book it again.