Default Difference between XML and HTML

I just wanted to know that - what is the " Difference between XML and HTML ? waiting for ur reply .. Thanks in advence..

HTML - short for Hypertext Markup Language,It provides a means to describe the structure of text-based information in a document by denoting certain text as headings paragraphs lists and to supplement that text with interactive forms embedded images and other objects.
    XML stands for Extensible Markup Language XML was designed to describe data and to focus on what data is.

john is offline Senior Member I was here more times.

XML was designed to carry data.

Before you continue you should have a basic understanding of the following :

XML was designed to describe data and to focus on what data is. HTML was designed to display data and to focus on how data looks .

HTML is about displaying information, while XML is about describing information.

XML is a mark up language used for database and HTML is scripting language used for websites.

Quote Originally Posted by revvv1234
    XML is a mark up language used for database and HTML is scripting language used for websites.
    Is it hard to learn XML, and is xml better than php?
    I never know about xml until now

Quote Originally Posted by master
    Quote Originally Posted by revvv1234
    Is it hard to learn XML, and is xml better than php?
    I never know about xml until now
    I t depends on user.Actually from my point of view php is better than xml.But some people prefer xml.So its hard to say for me which is better.

I think XML is really a tough language to learn. Is it possible to create a website using only xml language?

I have a very little idea of xml file, as while submitting the sitemap of my website to google, I have created one xml file by another website's programe.

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    I think XML is really a tough language to learn. Is it possible to create a website using only xml language?

I have a very little idea of xml file, as while submitting the sitemap of my website to google, I have created one xml file by another website's programe.
    I think that XML is used to publish websites and designing also possible using XML but it is difficult language.

I have found a good website about xml. One can clear any confusion about xml and html if he/she consult http://xml.com. I also learnt a lot from this site and still learning.

I have found a good website about xml. One can clear any confusion about xml and html if he/she consult http://xml.com. I also learnt a lot from this site and still learning.
    Ya.The website you stated is very good for learners.I checked it.I am also learning but i am learning from my friend.

it is good site to learn xml. i will learn that one too soon. i think that we need to keep learning to be succesful earning online by websites. i will soon learn it after html.

I feel XML is used only for SEO related work, and for web designing or anything this one cannot be used as far as I know. I remember once when I wanted to submit sitemap in google, I had to create a xml file.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    I feel XML is used only for SEO related work, and for web designing or anything this one cannot be used as far as I know. I remember once when I wanted to submit sitemap in google, I had to create a xml file.
    Sorry wrong concept on XML , xml plays vital role in web designing and specially in development work and its helps in integration of 3'rd party service to your website and many more and who told you that xml is related with seo work...it has no relation with seo..its has no relation with it.We can use xml in web designing as the entire blogger site is running with XML only.All feeder sites also running with it. No asp script will run without valid xml script and you can't embed any widgets or any code in asp sites without the help of valid xml and other supported languages.
    Thanks.

yeah i think that xml is helpful too. but for most bloggesr html will be just fine. anyways, i will go learn html again cause there are some things i left out before. there are still some things i was not able to take up. it is easy actually to learn HTML. but it is time consuming though. in what site we should go to learn it. and also it needs a little practice to understand it well. and the most important is to have a copy or print the webpage of the tutorial so you can get back to it when you forget it. i do have to print it cause i keep forgetting it.

Quote Originally Posted by debasis
    Sorry wrong concept on XML , xml plays vital role in web designing and specially in development work and its helps in integration of 3'rd party service to your website and many more and who told you that xml is related with seo work...it has no relation with seo..its has no relation with it.We can use xml in web designing as the entire blogger site is running with XML only.All feeder sites also running with it. No asp script will run without valid xml script and you can't embed any widgets or any code in asp sites without the help of valid xml and other supported languages.
    Thanks.
    debasish, is it possible to create a webpage with xml only? or this only used to do certain specific job along with html codes?

Quote Originally Posted by debasis
    Thanks.
    debasish, is it possible to create a webpage with xml only? or this only used to do certain specific job along with html codes?
    Take the example of blogger site the entire site build with XML and the blogger templates which you are using in your site also made with XML only.
    Thanks.

Take the example of blogger site the entire site build with XML and the blogger templates which you are using in your site also made with XML only.
    Thanks.
    So, basically xml is a kind of markup language which can be used to create web pages like html, right?

Quote Originally Posted by paramita0101 View Post
    I just wanted to know that - what is the " Difference between XML and HTML ? waiting for ur reply .. Thanks in advence..
    Html-HyperText Markup language-It is used for web designing
    XML-Extensible Markup language-It is used for to define a structure.

HTML is a markup language that is used to design web pages. It is written in predefined tag elements. Its primary purpose is to display data with focus on how the data looks. XML is a markup language whose primary purpose is to transport and store data. It is a language that can be used to develop new languages and define other languages. It does not have a predefined set of tags, and allows the developer to customize tags.

The Difference Between XML and HTML. XML and HTML were designed with different goals: XML was designed to carry data - with focus on what data is. HTML was designed to display data - with focus on how data looks.