Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Linux hosting is lesser in demand..!

Usually people do go for window's hosting and there is one more hosting in Linux server and it is also giving more security but it seems only less number of people prefer Linux hosting

Default Re: Linux hosting is lesser in demand..!

Quote Originally Posted by alensot
    Usually people do go for window's hosting and there is one more hosting in Linux server and it is also giving more security but it seems only less number of people prefer Linux hosting
    No, this is not the truth, in fact now more and more people is choosing linux hosting, due to their hosting plan is cheaper, and linux is seldom being infected by virus, and those mysql database for linux is also cheaper and some free too. People choose windows hosting mostly for their application hosting where supporting microsoft sql server .

Quote Originally Posted by eddielkk
    No, this is not the truth, in fact now more and more people is choosing linux hosting, due to their hosting plan is cheaper, and linux is seldom being infected by virus, and those mysql database for linux is also cheaper and some free too. People choose windows hosting mostly for their application hosting where supporting microsoft sql server .
    so, you mean linux hosting is better at security?
    How about hacker? Can linux hosting prevent our site from hacker?

Quote Originally Posted by master
    so, you mean linux hosting is better at security?
    How about hacker? Can linux hosting prevent our site from hacker?
    he is right about it.The linux hosting is better secure than windows.We need windows when we need to add some server side application.I am quiet amazed that most free host are linux based.

yes,more and more people said that linux server is used better than windows.as you said,people use window's hosting is more than who use linux hosting.but i like to use linux hosting.

NO, window's hosting usage is more as people do prefer window's just because of the easiness as Linux is difficult to follow and there are not many people who follow Linux, though Linux is the best as it is also more secure

NO, window's hosting usage is more as people do prefer window's just because of the easiness as Linux is difficult to follow and there are not many people who follow Linux, though Linux is the best as it is also more secure
    Dude, just your site or files are hosted in the linux server, you will not be asked to use the linux operating system.
    As far as I know, some people use linux and some use windows depending on their scripts or sites what they want. Some scripts doesn't support windows hosting, and some doesn't support windows.

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    Dude, just your site or files are hosted in the linux server, you will not be asked to use the linux operating system.
    As far as I know, some people use linux and some use windows depending on their scripts or sites what they want. Some scripts doesn't support windows hosting, and some doesn't support windows.
    I just know about this. So, there are some script which not support linux hosting and some other not support windows hosting.
    But I think windows hosting many people use windows hosting now since every script I ever know support windows hosting

Quote Originally Posted by alec11
    I just know about this. So, there are some script which not support linux hosting and some other not support windows hosting.
    But I think windows hosting many people use windows hosting now since every script I ever know support windows hosting
    Yes, ther are different scripits/extension suppot running for linux and windows hosting. The common one would be PHP extension for linux and ASP extension for windows. Due to the mostly more expensive of windows hosting, people is tend to choose linux hosting for nomal website without windows database support.

I think linux server is more widely use than windows hosting, as i see many free hosting site is surely using linux hosting, not even one windows hosting is provided free i found on net. so, it is obvious that linux hosting is more people using. Your thread is totally wrong there.

I am in web development field only and i know that many people will opt for window's hosting only and even my friends over here go for window's hosting only and not Linux hosting and about free hosting sites, i haven''t really made a research on them..

Actually it is hard to compare both hosting packages, both windows and linux hosting is having different type of usage and have different users who use it. In term free hosting, of course only linux hosting will provides such a services due to linux do not need to pay license fees while windows hosting need. If includes with those free hosting, then definitely linux hosting is having more users.

Actually it is hard to compare both hosting packages, both windows and linux hosting is having different type of usage and have different users who use it. In term free hosting, of course only linux hosting will provides such a services due to linux do not need to pay license fees while windows hosting need. If includes with those free hosting, then definitely linux hosting is having more users.
    Yes, ASP server programming does support only window's and for linux we have to use PHp programming and Linux is mostly used more security and i don't know much about free hosting with Linux....even free hosting is not large in numbers

well,both of linux hosting and window hosting have their different types.but linux can support more service,so i think if you want to make your website do well.i advice you choose linux hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by easy08
    well,both of linux hosting and window hosting have their different types.but linux can support more service,so i think if you want to make your website do well.i advice you choose linux hosting.
    What more services will Linux hosting support...i didn't get this here..! i always look into windows hosting and till now i have also hosted only in window's hosting

l Linux hosting is better than window's hosting,maybe it have more quality services than window's hosting,but i also don't know what mosre window's services will linux host support.

Yes, ther are different scripits/extension suppot running for linux and windows hosting. The common one would be PHP extension for linux and ASP extension for windows. Due to the mostly more expensive of windows hosting, people is tend to choose linux hosting for nomal website without windows database support.
    I don't think so. PHP is even supported in windows hosting. I have seen on many windows hosting that PHP is supported. About ASP, I'm not familiar with this extension and nor I have seen it any hosting plans.

I don't think so. PHP is even supported in windows hosting. I have seen on many windows hosting that PHP is supported. About ASP, I'm not familiar with this extension and nor I have seen it any hosting plans.
    The lastest Windows IIS 7 and 6 support add-on PHP extension as well, that why now windows hosting support PHP extension too. My previous post is to point out the common main difference between windows and linux hosting.

Yes, PHP can be used for both window's as well as Linux servers, but ASP is exclusively for only window's severs and cannot be used for Linux as it doesn't support that

I have used so many webhosts that are with free hosting and using linux and they all support php.I don't think there is any need to worry about it.But asp makes it difficult to be used by free hosts as there is a lot more money to invest in it.