Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How do you change your account name in paypal?

Ok guys I need your help again. I have been searching a lot at my PP account and since I have this small detail not placed on my PP account I cant withdraw my money so how can we edit our account name at PP?

There is not a option to change your name. You will have to contact the customer support at paypal and then they will change your account name.

Default Re: How do you change your account name in paypal?

Quote Originally Posted by danega
    Ok guys I need your help again. I have been searching a lot at my PP account and since I have this small detail not placed on my PP account I cant withdraw my money so how can we edit our account name at PP?
    I don't think there is any option for that and you may contact cutomer care and maybe you can create one more account in Paypal with correct details of yours

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

well i think you can change the name but not the surname though i'm not sure but still you can check your settings.

hyxfei is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    well i think you can change the name but not the surname though i'm not sure but still you can check your settings.
    i remember i also heard about this before only the family name is unchangeable other sections can all be edited.

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    There is no option for changing your name - be it forst name or last name. I think only the support team will be able to do it.

They are right, there is no option to change your name unless you contact their support. You can change your address, e-mail, password, phone, etc. but not your name.

There is a name option in the street address section but you cannot edit it so better contact the support and get in fixed within a day. Paypal support is quick enough to reply soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.microsoft
    There is a name option in the street address section but you cannot edit it so better contact the support and get in fixed within a day. Paypal support is quick enough to reply soon.
    I have done this now and I am waiting for there answer. Do you think they will let me pass any valid identification if they will have to change the name on my account?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.microsoft
    I have done this now and I am waiting for there answer. Do you think they will let me pass any valid identification if they will have to change the name on my account?
    you provided your ID to paypal for the change?
    maybe this will do some help and waitting your further messages.good lcuk.

i don't know if this is allowed or not. but i know that it is quite difficult to change your personal names. i don't think that paypal is quite fast in replying.

Well i tried the way you saud and the paypal says they can not change our username as there are ri\ules like you have given all true primary details while signup.So i think you can not make this one.

Default Re: How do you change your account name in paypal?

As per my knowledge is concerned, PayPal don't have any specific option to change your name, but You may contact to support team of the PayPal regarding the same issue....

i'm afraid even contact paypal can't help him to change the account name also.
    maybe he can choose to close this one and creat a new one with correct name.

well that will be the correct thing i think. he should be closing the account and open a new one otherwise paypal will treat you as a cheater.

Quote Originally Posted by vimstar2
    well that will be the correct thing i think. he should be closing the account and open a new one otherwise paypal will treat you as a cheater.
    true.the most efficient way is to close the old one and open another new one.
    it's hard to ask paypal and it need more time to get their response.

I contacted papal by sending them mail. The add the minor detail that was lucking in my name my second name and my middle initials. I still am wondering if this would be the answer to the error.

I contacted papal by sending them mail. The add the minor detail that was lucking in my name my second name and my middle initials. I still am wondering if this would be the answer to the error.
    they corrected your name to what you requested already?that's good..
    i'm a little confused by your above words...xd

Quote Originally Posted by hyxfei
    they corrected your name to what you requested already?that's good..
    i'm a little confused by your above words...xd
    yes they already add the small detail since it was not a major problem but they say if it was going to be a major change like change the whole name then they will need some proof or valid ID but since mine was only adding minor detail like middle initials and my second name then they change it within 24 hours.

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

ACtually some years back there was an option to change the bank name i think but surname you can't change but no that option also not there and what i searched is
    We can help you change the name on your account if it's misspelled or if you've legally changed your name. However, it is not possible to change the name on your account to another person's name.

To change the name on your account, please submit a request through our secure form.