Default UNIX operating system

Can i have the information about unix, where exactly it is used and from which best site i can grab the material and learn quickly.

Default Re: UNIX operating system

Quote Originally Posted by ashok_singh
    Can i have the information about unix, where exactly it is used and from which best site i can grab the material and learn quickly.
    first i want to ask you one thing which O/S do you have in your home or office? Have u ever used the Linux O/S? Linux and Unix both are very similar to each other there is no difference between this,
    Please Visit the following site link for the more details about Unix.

Chick Here

Free Online Tutorials
    Hope it will solve your problem.

yes i am working on Linux operating system, but i want some in depth knowledge about that.

Default Message

Check out www.unixtutorial.org I think it will be helpful to understand basics of unix.

Default Re: Message

Quote Originally Posted by revvv1234
    Check out www.unixtutorial.org I think it will be helpful to understand basics of unix.
    Hello "revvv1234" please don't mind but while answering anybody please first see other persons answers because your answer should not be similar with others i have given the link of the unix site and you have also given the same thing and you should check it first, it may be treated a s a duplicate post and its not allowed here if the moderators of this become active then they may lock this but as they are busy with others site so they r not checking such types of things so plz before posting look others reply.
    Thanks.

In what i know, unix is under linux. But most webmasters use in our place in fedora compare to unix. I wonder if ubuntu is also at use to this.

does unix to run on high end computer or pc. cause mine is the old or low kind of computer. it 8is kind of slow computer. can i use it also here.

Unix can be said as the ancestor of Linux. It's an operating system. For windows users, it will be somewhat difficult to use Linux as a beginner. But it works really great.
    YOu can give it a try by requesting a free CD from ubuntu.com or download other distributions of linux from distrowatch.com.

In what way Unix scripts can be used, I understand that it is operating system.

Quote Originally Posted by debasis
    Hello "revvv1234" please don't mind but while answering anybody please first see other persons answers because your answer should not be similar with others i have given the link of the unix site and you have also given the same thing and you should check it first, it may be treated a s a duplicate post and its not allowed here if the moderators of this become active then they may lock this but as they are busy with others site so they r not checking such types of things so plz before posting look others reply.
    Thanks.
    In your post i was not able to see the link.It is just showing Click here and obviously i will not go there.So i posted the link.If i had known that it is already posted then i had not posted that link.Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by debasis
    Thanks.
    In your post i was not able to see the link.It is just showing Click here and obviously i will not go there.So i posted the link.If i had known that it is already posted then i had not posted that link.Thanks.
    Ok friend i just informed about this thing as i had already posted the link bold and large fonts anyways thanks.