Default Domain renew doubts

Hi suppose i want to renew my domain names some where else than the existing providers can i do it if yes then how?

You need to go to the new provider you have choosed and request a "domain transfer". They will ask you a auth code given by your current provider, and maybe send some confirmation emails, and you'll be done.

But take care about rules, usually you cannot start a transfer if :
    - the last transfer (or domain creation date) is not at least 60 days old
    - the domain is protected against transfer (you can ask your current provider to allow or block transfer)
    - the domain will expire in less than 5 days, or is already expired
    - and some other that will depend on the domain extension (.com, .net, etc.) and the domain provider itself

nz
    Hidden Content : 8500 new affiliates signed up in a week
    10% 2nd tier => Hidden Content !

Quote Originally Posted by NZ
    You need to go to the new provider you have choosed and request a "domain transfer". They will ask you a auth code given by your current provider, and maybe send some confirmation emails, and you'll be done.

But take care about rules, usually you cannot start a transfer if :
    - the last transfer (or domain creation date) is not at least 60 days old
    - the domain is protected against transfer (you can ask your current provider to allow or block transfer)
    - the domain will expire in less than 5 days, or is already expired
    - and some other that will depend on the domain extension (.com, .net, etc.) and the domain provider itself

nz
    Thanks for your nice explanation but i coul dnot undertsnad the last line.

Last line mean that some provider may require additional checks before transfer, can be technical checks and/or administrative checks. Theses checks also depend on the domain extension, as it is usualy easier to transfer a generic tld (like .com or .net) than a regional tld (like .eu or .fr, .lt, etc.)

nz

I think renewing domain with other providers do not give us much benefit. There is a charge to transfer a domain and maximum providers fee for renting every year is near same. But this post will help me much if I decide to renewal my domain with other providers.
    ________
    First Vaporizer
    Last edited by dhakabolton; 27-03-11 at 10:57.

You're right fees apply for transfer, but you get one year renewal included. If you have a look in deep, you'll see that many partners offer a better price for a transfer (that include one year renewal) than for domain creation, so if you change the partner each year you will save money.

I wonder why you people like to do domain transfer when you can simply point your domain server to any new host. There is no logic behind domain transfer. What benefit you can get this? If you change your host, there is something there because your present host downtime might not be good or so, but there is nothing to do with domain registrars.

this is because transfer fees are cheaper than renewal fees with many registrars

this has nothing to do with downtime since when you change registrar you don't need to change nameservers nor hosting provider, all keeps running with no downtime

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    I wonder why you people like to do domain transfer when you can simply point your domain server to any new host. There is no logic behind domain transfer. What benefit you can get this? If you change your host, there is something there because your present host downtime might not be good or so, but there is nothing to do with domain registrars.
    transfer might be needed if you have registered the domain with your hosting company itself, not through an independent domain registrar

You will need an authentication code from the existing domain provider so that you can proceed with the domain transfer with new provider