Thread: keyword density

Default keyword density

Keyword density is the measurement in percentage, the number of times a keyword or phrase appears compared to the total number of words in a page. In the context of search engine optimization keyword density can be used as a factor in determining whether a web page is relevant to a specified keyword or keyword phrase. Due to the ease of managing keyword density, search engines usually implement other measures of relevancy to prevent unscrupulous webmasters from creating search spam through practices such as keyword stuffing.

The formula to calculate your keyword density on a webpage for SEO purposes is :

(Nkr / Tkn) * 100

Where Nkr is how many times you repetead a specific keyword and
    Tkn the total words in the analyzed text.

This will result in a keyword density value.

Hello,

which online tool do u use to calculate density on your website ? And what is the good density range to get good results ?

Thanks,
    nz
    Hidden Content : 8500 new affiliates signed up in a week
    10% 2nd tier => Hidden Content !

Here is a good tool for checking keyword density
    http://ranks.nl/
    Do you suck at making money? Discover a totally legit way to make more per month in any economy by giving away your Hidden Content .

Do we have maximum and minimum value to determine exactly the density of key words.

Quote Originally Posted by ashok_singh
    Do we have maximum and minimum value to determine exactly the density of key words.
    I've been told by my personal marketing coach to shoot for a k/w density of about 2-3% when writing articles and to use the k/w in naturally spoken sentences, not k/w stuffing just to get k/w in.

I've also heard that k/w should be used "early and often". Early means as the first word(s) in the title and at the beginning of initial paragraphs. Also to close the article with the k/w again in the last sentence.

Also to sprinkle bolding and italicizing of the k/w phrase througout the article, but not in an annoying way. Usually when the k/w appears as the first word of a paragraph, that would be a very good place to do it because it helps tell the readers "this is what this particular paragraph is about."
    Do you suck at making money? Discover a totally legit way to make more per month in any economy by giving away your Hidden Content .

Quote Originally Posted by AJFarro
    Quote Originally Posted by ashok_singh
    I've been told by my personal marketing coach to shoot for a k/w density of about 2-3% when writing articles and to use the k/w in naturally spoken sentences, not k/w stuffing just to get k/w in.
    I've also heard that k/w should be used "early and often". Early means as the first word(s) in the title and at the beginning of initial paragraphs. Also to close the article with the k/w again in the last sentence.
    Also to sprinkle bolding and italicizing of the k/w phrase througout the article, but not in an annoying way. Usually when the k/w appears as the first word of a paragraph, that would be a very good place to do it because it helps tell the readers "this is what this particular paragraph is about."
    above post made some benifit of me.But can you tell me something more for using keywords for a mobile stuff website.I am working on it as it differ from pc website.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowking
    above post made some benifit of me.But can you tell me something more for using keywords for a mobile stuff website.I am working on it as it differ from pc website.
    I can't answer that, but do you think a mobile platform makes any difference with regards to k/w density of content? I can't say I've seen any SEO for mobile discussions. Good question.

Quote Originally Posted by AJFarro
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowking
    I can't answer that, but do you think a mobile platform makes any difference with regards to k/w density of content? I can't say I've seen any SEO for mobile discussions. Good question.
    Well there are i think some different rules for mobile site SEO.
    I can make a SEO for mobile search engine but i have tried to submit my website to google and i always get a error in it.

Devesh is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

How much keyword density is considered good? I heard that too much keyword density is also not good and Search Engine looks at it adversely. Is it true?

I personnally consider a density between 7% and 12% as good to get good place in search engine for te given keyword
    Hidden Content : 8500 new affiliates signed up in a week
    10% 2nd tier => Hidden Content !

The post was really useful. I know about the aspect 'keyword density' which is one of the most important factor in SEO. But the post made it much more clear.

i still don't know how they calculate the keyword density. i t hink that we better keep using the keyword but not excessively though. it is quite confusing stil for me though.

hi guys,

Keyword density means percentage of keyword that is used in content. Keyword should be 5% to 7% in content.