Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where to get a Credit Card in India ?

I am looking to have one credit card for me. I would like to purchase it for a lesser price possible. Any one have an idea ??
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

I don't think you can purchase a credit card from someone. You have to apply to any credit card issuing authority, here read Bank, and then have it.

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    I don't think you can purchase a credit card from someone. You have to apply to any credit card issuing authority, here read Bank, and then have it.
    yeh,it is impossible to but it unless you apply it with your files and address proof.
    i am going to apply one credit card this year as more and more people have it now.

But for Indian now then they are asking more than 1 lakh (0.1 million INR) into your account. Due to recession getting a credit card has become real tought job.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

In Axis Bank I have an account and when I applied for a credit card they told me I could only can have it if my account is 6 months old and I must have Rs. 10000 as a balance in my account. I have completed 6months in last December though I haven't applied for it yet. Hope they will not demand Rs. 1lakh in my account as balance.

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    In Axis Bank I have an account and when I applied for a credit card they told me I could only can have it if my account is 6 months old and I must have Rs. 10000 as a balance in my account. I have completed 6months in last December though I haven't applied for it yet. Hope they will not demand Rs. 1lakh in my account as balance.

Well every credit card policies get change after some time so they might change minimum requirement now as per i no only ICICI bank offer cheap credit card and we get it in short period also !

Well in this period of recession or financial crisis, bank may has changed their rules in delivering credit card but one can have it if they apply for it as Govt has issued a notification about it.

Well because of financial crisis almost all bank put limitation on loan and credit cards plus RBI have put strict rules for new application as peoples need to give minimum requirement before getting credit card i am also trying my best to get one credit for certifying my Paypal account but it will be impossible now !

hey i think that it is quite difficult to buy a credit card but then too i will try my best and let you know the details as fast as possible

hyxfei is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

Default Re: Where to get a Credit Card in India ?

Quote Originally Posted by nick_westlife
    I am looking to have one credit card for me. I would like to purchase it for a lesser price possible. Any one have an idea ??
    Well. seems you are asking something for vcc? you only can purchase and if you want to obtain a credit card, you'd go to some bank to issue it .

Friend, it's not possible for you to get one credit card with ease. You must be an employed person with salary of more than Rs. 5,0000 per month to apply for a credit card in any bank. That's why people are forced to use VCC to verify their paypal accounts, otherwise every one would have bought a credit card for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    Friend, it's not possible for you to get one credit card with ease. You must be an employed person with salary of more than Rs. 5,0000 per month to apply for a credit card in any bank. That's why people are forced to use VCC to verify their paypal accounts, otherwise every one would have bought a credit card for themselves.
    Lemon, it is not necessary to be a salaried person with Rs. 50,000 paycheque for having a credit card. You can have it from any pvt bank without any such constraints.

Getting a credit card is a difficult job now because of the world wide recession.You have to apply in banks like ICICI, Axis HDFC etc, but now the requirements are more to get a credit card for yourself.

well so ICICI is the most easiest to get the credit card i guess, same is the case with HDFC i feel
    anybody have any idea about state bank of india will they provide the credit cards

Quote Originally Posted by ashvini
    well so ICICI is the most easiest to get the credit card i guess, same is the case with HDFC i feel
    anybody have any idea about state bank of india will they provide the credit cards
    Friend, you can apply for a credit card in any bank, provided you meets the basic requirements like salary Rs. 50,000, working in reputed company, etc. So it's not really so easy to get one, otherwise every one would have bought a credit card by this time.

To get a credit card from SBI or like any other public sector bank, you should be salaried person (or established businessman), but not that your salary must be greater than 50,000 per month, though it should be greater than certain level.

you can get a credit card from any bank all you need is identity and payment proof and the minimum amount of money in account that is generally rs 500 for most banks.good luck mate

Some two years back getting a credit card was so easy and so many youngsters have misused it and there are reports of so many youngsters getting a credit card for themselves and then misuisng it and now it has become very difficult to buy a credit card as you have to show so many documents

Quote Originally Posted by nick_westlife
    But for Indian now then they are asking more than 1 lakh (0.1 million INR) into your account. Due to recession getting a credit card has become real tought job.
    Well i just recently heard that indian government has added some rukes for credit card as from 20000 to 1 lakh minimum so you can use 85% of the added.It is a good news for new credit card takers.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmeetbond
    you can get a credit card from any bank all you need is identity and payment proof and the minimum amount of money in account that is generally rs 500 for most banks.good luck mate
    I think you are talking about debit card. Yes we can debit credit card in any bank with just minimum deposit of Rs. 500 or 5,000 depending on which bank we use. But for the credit card, it's not so easy to get one unless and until you are an employed person or your father is an employed person with good salary.