tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

Default Between ASP and php

Hi experts can u pl tell me why most websites using php code to develop the sites instead of ASp ,ASp code also having all features ,anything wrong in it?

Default Re: Between ASP and php

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    Hi experts can u pl tell me why most websites using php code to develop the sites instead of ASp ,ASp code also having all features ,anything wrong in it?
    I think this just because people are more confortable with PHP and not ASP. Also as per my understanding PHP is more powerful and also having more features and also the most important thing is - performance.. it gives better performance so this is the reason may be - people uses PHP more then ASP.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger
    I think this just because people are more confortable with PHP and not ASP. Also as per my understanding PHP is more powerful and also having more features and also the most important thing is - performance.. it gives better performance so this is the reason may be - people uses PHP more then ASP.
    Thanks tiger for better explanation,i found many hosting site supporting php not asp also.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger
    Thanks tiger for better explanation,i found many hosting site supporting php not asp also.
    You are right. Many sites are available using PHP.. also if you look at the forums available all have used PHP and not ASP. I think PHP give more good performance then any other scripts.. this is the only reason why people uses PHP.

i think tiger has cleared your doubt anyhow the thing is that the PHP is very user friendly and its security is very good, Asp its the old version its little bit confusing,it consumes more server resources,its not much user friendly you need to appoint a developer to manage your site which is not required in PHP so people like PHP than Asp Or aspx.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by debasis
    i think tiger has cleared your doubt anyhow the thing is that the PHP is very user friendly and its security is very good, Asp its the old version its little bit confusing,it consumes more server resources,its not much user friendly you need to appoint a developer to manage your site which is not required in PHP so people like PHP than Asp Or aspx.
    Thanks.
    Thanks debasis and tiger for detailed explanation asp consumes more resources?oh thats why most of hosting company uing php or supports it.

Quote Originally Posted by debasis
    Thanks.
    Thanks debasis and tiger for detailed explanation asp consumes more resources?oh thats why most of hosting company uing php or supports it.
    yes its a true fact that Asp will consume lots of server resources....i will suggest all of my friend to use PHP in stead of Asp or Aspx.
    Thanks.

Default Message

Hi! Once again asp or asp.net?? Well both are amazing but php being open source its not at all expensive!! Whereas .NET 3.5 costs u $$$!! Well and also asp.net being the product of Microsoft!

Talking about ASP and PHP, actually most user using PHP more is because PHP is programing language for Linux system which is open source and free while ASP need microsoft license, that why people will tend to prefer free things over pay one.

Quote Originally Posted by eddielkk
    Talking about ASP and PHP, actually most user using PHP more is because PHP is programing language for Linux system which is open source and free while ASP need microsoft license, that why people will tend to prefer free things over pay one.
    Because ASP is very good platform though it is costly it has lot of advantages.PHP is also good but i will prefer ASP.

Quote Originally Posted by revvv1234
    Because ASP is very good platform though it is costly it has lot of advantages.PHP is also good but i will prefer ASP.
    It is not like that, actually both have their different type of supporter and usage, if you are good in both ASP and PHP only then you can make a good comparison between them. In fact now PHP is having more user base as they are open source, which is free and getting more user to use it.

Well, i don't know much about this type of programming language. I am just wondering is this means that if i want to programs my website running ASP coding, i need to pruchase license from microsoft license first? I thought people using a notepad also can write ASP coding just like HTML page?

Quote Originally Posted by kiatsiang
    Well, i don't know much about this type of programming language. I am just wondering is this means that if i want to programs my website running ASP coding, i need to pruchase license from microsoft license first? I thought people using a notepad also can write ASP coding just like HTML page?
    Yes, you are right we can even write the ASP coding in notepad, and do not need to pay any license fees for microsoft. What i means of the license fee is for those hosting company where their server need to support ASP login, they need to purchase license. So, if we plan to use ASP coding, we must look for windows hosting, and it is more expensive than linux hosting. In the other words, we pay more money for the hosting to cover the license fees too.

john is offline Senior Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by kiatsiang
    For any script no need to purchase any license for editor you may need like front page or dreamweaver what i think .You can write in any editor ,there are many free editor also available apart from note pad.

Quote Originally Posted by revvv1234
    It is not like that, actually both have their different type of supporter and usage, if you are good in both ASP and PHP only then you can make a good comparison between them. In fact now PHP is having more user base as they are open source, which is free and getting more user to use it.
    Because PHP is open source it is more popular.Its my personal thought.I found out ASP easier than PHP.

Well php is more secure as compared to asp.Many times the hackers can enter the coding by hacking .net framework,this is not the case with php.So it is more used.

Friends, do you mean php is not supported in windows hosting, but I have come across in many windows hosting PHP is supported, so I wonder how much PHP is for linux and asp is for linux.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    Friends, do you mean php is not supported in windows hosting, but I have come across in many windows hosting PHP is supported, so I wonder how much PHP is for linux and asp is for linux.
    who told you that windows doesn't support PHP , all hosting supports php but you need to install PHP and Apache in your server first before installing any php script in your server and asp is still popular 50 % of people like to use Asp script and res is divided in to many part as some like to use coldfusion, some like php and some like Python and some like ruby on rail etc...
    Thanks.

who told you that windows doesn't support PHP , all hosting supports php but you need to install PHP and Apache in your server first before installing any php script in your server and asp is still popular 50 % of people like to use Asp script and res is divided in to many part as some like to use coldfusion, some like php and some like Python and some like ruby on rail etc...
    Thanks.
    Thanks a lot for confirming it but you have confirmed that asp or aspx is not supported in linux hosting, right?

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    Thanks.
    Thanks a lot for confirming it but you have confirmed that asp or aspx is not supported in linux hosting, right?
    ya asp and aspx are not supported on linux hosting.I have seen many hosts providing only php so does it means that all of them running linux.May be it is true as there is always a differnt section for window's hosting.