Default Best Hosting for WordPress?

I run about 8 WordPress sites. Some are more complex than others (1 is moderately intensive). I would like to host all my sites on the same platform, rather than have 1 here, 1 there, etc. I can spend up to $40 a month on hosting. So a few questions:
    1) Are there any "premium" shared/cloud hosting platforms out there (I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but some shared hosts are better than others).
    2) Should I look at Managed WordPress solutions? Any recommendations?
    I am looking to upgrade to something more WordPress friendly. I pre-paid for a year and it runs out in January so I have several months to find a new host or renew (currently paying about 26/month).
    Any info on these web hosts: Hosting022.com and Cloudarion.com ? Are they trustworthy?
    What host is better?

Thanks!

Give vote for hosting022.com wordpress hosting solutions. Good uptime, speed + unique features.
    It provides me with a good value hosting solution with many plan features and a quality service.

QHoster.com and libertyvps.net services are worth trying.
    Reliable and confident..! Great customer service! Dedicated and quick!

Well, hosting022.com website hosting has been nothing but superb. Good web host with reliable support!
    Great cheap service and easy too use. The interface is easy to use and suitable for beginners.

==>> I feel fortunate to have found them and recommend them highly.

Plans from libertyvps.net and hostsailor.com can be right for you.
    They have always been wonderful service providers. Even with thorny issues they seem to work quickly and efficiently to get them resolved to my satisfaction.

QHoster.com and hostsailor.com services are the best.
    I'm very pleased with their services so far, and would gladly recommend them to others. They were also very polite and helpful in answering my pre-sales questions, and I'm happy with the performance-enhancing features that they offer for my sites.

Give Hosting022.com wordpress hosting a try. They have given me great service for the past ten months with all my hosting requirements and i cant see myself and recommended friends changing if things remain the same. Support, has never failed me, always left with a problem solved.

Stable and reliable servers located in Serbia. Recommended.