As part of our mission at Nature Science Group, we’d like to educate the crowd so that misleading information and thus fallacies about cannabis wouldn’t create further confusion and a barrier for potential customers in experiencing the positive effects of products extracted from this wonderful plant.

Chronic fatigue syndrome or CFS, also called myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME), is a long-term illness that impacts multiple body systems. People diagnosed with ME/CFS find it difficult to carry out usual activities, and in some people, the condition can cause them to become bed-bound or housebound.

The main symptom after which the syndrome gets its name is chronic fatigue that is not relieved with rest or sleep and is exacerbated with activity. People diagnosed with ME/CFS also suffer from sleep-related problems in terms of quality and duration of sleep. ME/CFS symptoms tend to worsen when people attempt to carry out as many tasks as needed, which is termed as post-exertional malaise or PEM.

Other symptoms associated with ME/CFS are dizziness, lightheadedness, problems with concentration, thinking, and pain.

The spotlight is on CBD oil as an effective, non-toxic therapy to address distressing symptoms of fatigue, chronic pain, and sleep disturbances associated with ME/CFS.

What causes chronic fatigue syndrome?

ME/CFS is a chronic, acquired, multi-systemic condition marked by significant relapse post any kind of cognitive, emotional, or physical exertion. The condition is linked to cognitive, immune, and neurological impairment, autonomic dysfunction, and sleep abnormalities that cause pathological fatigue and consequent functional impairment. The cause of ME/CFS* is not known, although symptoms in many people are triggered by another illness, infection, or health condition.

While the underlying etiology of ME/CFS is unclear, laboratory tests or diagnostics are also not available to diagnose the condition. No drugs have been developed specifically to treat ME/CFS, and as of now, there is no known cure. In the absence of readily available diagnostics or tests, assigning an ME/CFS diagnosis can take years in clinical settings. According to one estimate, diagnosis is not received by about 84 to 91% of patients suffering from ME/CFS.

Children, adolescents, and adults can be affected by myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME)/chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). The gender ratios in the community for ME/CFS are 3 to 4:1 female to male, suggesting that more women than men are affected by this syndrome.