Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How much space and bandwidth you need.

Dear friends, If I want to make a money making website, than how much space and bandwidth we need for our site? Why good bandwidth is must for any money making website?

Well, more bandwith is necessary if your site is very popular and if your sites hits many visitors every day. Otherwise, you don't need to concern about bandwith and even 5 GB data transfer or bandwidth is enough.
    Anyway, there are many free hosting companies out there for you which are giving away 10 to 40 GB bandwith. One of them is x10hosting.com (45 or 10 GB depending upon the plan you choose).

Well bandwidth depends on how much traffic you get, so you need to estimate it on your own but regarding your space required, you can even do it in 100 mb.
    SmartzKool

Well for me the only thing that matter is a good bandwidth.For a ptc site as your advertisement matter so obiviously you will need a very good bandwidth and also fast loading pages.
    I know some hosting like 110mb where they provide 300gb bandwidth but pages load very slow.So be sure regarding selecting bandwidth.

So basically bandwidth basically how fast the uploading of your site would be. And that's why if you have a lot of visitors that you need a higher bandwidth... Right?

Quote Originally Posted by NeededHope
    So basically bandwidth basically how fast the uploading of your site would be. And that's why if you have a lot of visitors that you need a higher bandwidth... Right?
    Bandwidth is something like the capacity of the website where it can load in any period of time. For instance, if you have a website that build in big animation flash that require your main page to load 1MB of data when visitor visit your site. This will means one visitor will take you 1mb of bandwidth, if your hosting plan allows you a maximum of 5GB bandwith per month, it means 5000 visitors per month, but if a visitor is returning visitor or refresh many times for your site, your bandwidth will be consume greatly there. So, you have to design your site with minimal space and estimate how much traffic you will targeted before applying any hosting plan.

Quote Originally Posted by NeededHope
    Basically you are correct. Suppose if you are provided 45 GB bandwith, that means you can maximum access 45 GB of your web files at one time. If you get lots of visitors than the capacity of 45, your site will be down for a while and visitors get the message "it exceeded bandwith limit".

The basic web hosting deals now will cover a lot of bandwidth. People used to have to worry if they got over a 1,000 visitors a day, but now stuff like that is no problem.

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

Default Re: How much space and bandwidth you need.

Quote Originally Posted by ishan901
    Dear friends, If I want to make a money making website, than how much space and bandwidth we need for our site? Why good bandwidth is must for any money making website?
    It purely depends on your sites visitors for starting any starter plan of shared hosting can help you.

i do not need much big host because i do not add many contents in my site.
    if i need then i will choose a blog.

i have two domains,one is game0755.com and another is gladtosee.biz and the contents are free.

so i only own domain actually.

you can choose any beginner hosting plan i have already seen your site it never consume much place and bandwidth so you can choose any plan not require to take expensive hosting.your site hardly consume 5 to 10 maximum of 20 MB bandwidth per month.
    Thanks.

You should have high priority bandwidth for this and good domain provider then only the website you create it will be fast,

Quote Originally Posted by elliotthn05

i have two domains,one is game0755.com and another is gladtosee.biz and the contents are free.

Actually if you will add more text no problem in space consumed or bandwidth problem but if you will post image ,video in your site bandwidth consumption will increase if users will access.content

Quote Originally Posted by tom

Actually if you will add more text no problem in space consumed or bandwidth problem but if you will post image ,video in your site bandwidth consumption will increase if users will access.content
    i usually store images in shareapic for free.but videos i do not use it in my site.
    by using blog i can store images,but i can embed videos from youtube in my blogs.

Quote Originally Posted by tom

i usually store images in shareapic for free.but videos i do not use it in my site.
    by using blog i can store images,but i can embed videos from youtube in my blogs.
    ok then you should not face any problem as you are utilising third party space for image and video so when people will access load will be on there server not yours.

I think you can start with minimum requirements of 50 mb hard disk space and also minimum bandwidth and later on seeing the traffic you get into your site you can upgrade your hosting space and bandwidth also

Quote Originally Posted by alensot
    I think you can start with minimum requirements of 50 mb hard disk space and also minimum bandwidth and later on seeing the traffic you get into your site you can upgrade your hosting space and bandwidth also
    ya you are right and i know which site ishan want to host even he already hosted it and he is also not bothering to reply here so we should not reply to this...the asking question but never replying here..its very bad..anyway maximum of bandwidth required 50 to 100 MB.
    Thanks.

i think you you can choose the hosting depending on your need.if you want to make a personal blog which needn't large space and bandwidth,if you want to make a site with forum which need a large space and bandwidth.

I'm still using free webhost which give low bandwidth and space since my site doesn't have many visitor.
    But I heard that someone who get $40-50 everyday should pay dedicated web hosting for $90 per month

ya you are right and i know which site ishan want to host even he already hosted it and he is also not bothering to reply here so we should not reply to this...the asking question but never replying here..its very bad..anyway maximum of bandwidth required 50 to 100 MB.
    Thanks.
    Are you sure it's 50 to 100 MB. I think you wanted to write 50 to 100 GB, right? I'm asking this because usually all host offers minimum 1 GB bandwith even in their free plans. I never seen anyone offering bandwith in MB.