Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why people r creating blogs? Why not at least free website?

Friends, I have seen many people though they are a kind of webmasters, prefer to create blogs using blogger.com or wordpress.com, rather than creating websites, though now a days to create website is easy with free website builder, and even host it for free with any free web hosting provider.

So I wonder why many people are creating blogs? Why not free websites when it's very easy?
    Is there any advantage in blogs over websites? I mean is there any special thing in blogs?

Websites on free hosting and free sites are worthless members can easily trace out by the lame outlook and the crapy design and will never re visit the site.
    In order to drag members to re visit your site again and again it is advisable for you to make it look as better as possible with better themes and good look.

No, I don't agree with you.
    Layout or outlook is really not a matter for free website, as we too can make attractive web pages using front page or dreamweaver, and if you are a good designer, you can really make more attractive layouts than paid hosting web pages. Actually, the difference between paid and free hosting is not layout, just the storing and transfer capacity and some features that are carried out for maintaining and controlling our websites.

I think it's because blogs through blogger.com and wordpress are more popular than creating free websites. Blogs are easier to set-up too. I think the main reason really is that not too many people know that they can set up free websites.

As you said by yourself free sites require you to manually work on it to make it look better.
    At the same time the space available for you to upload anything to your site also matters which can be obtained only by opting to a host provider.

because people know that blogs have more earning potential than websites and easy to earn money with.

Quote Originally Posted by suntuu
    because people know that blogs have more earning potential than websites and easy to earn money with.
    I do agree on the easy art but can't agree with the more part.
    Blog doesn't cost even a single cent for someone to set it up and start earning. But same is not the case with site. There are a lot of things that you need to bother about Domain, host, design, script etc, so people prefer blogs which have automated features already available asking you only you write and nothing more are easier than sites for earning

also in blog you have more to write content on

It is because it will be extremely easy to design a blog site by using blogger.com than the free web hosting. Furthermore, you can easily download many great template design and upload it as your blog desgin. Not only that, all the available add in modules is ready for you to use. You can make a fantastic blog in less than half an hour, but you couldn't do it with you own website.

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by eddielkk
    It is because it will be extremely easy to design a blog site by using blogger.com than the free web hosting. Furthermore, you can easily download many great template design and upload it as your blog desgin. Not only that, all the available add in modules is ready for you to use. You can make a fantastic blog in less than half an hour, but you couldn't do it with you own website.
    I don't think so, with site script, we can make a site easily. We just need to install the script which doesn't take an hour.

most of the people here (this forum) are not advanced, looks we don't wanna earn much, we have just sticked to the paid to post and ptc sites. And main reason is no one is really ready to invest and earn.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

Quote Originally Posted by nick_westlife
    most of the people here (this forum) are not advanced, looks we don't wanna earn much, we have just sticked to the paid to post and ptc sites. And main reason is no one is really ready to invest and earn.
    well,i have site and i have domain.
    but i did not improve my sites frequently.because most of the time i dont know what contents to add.

People are creating blog because they want to say something from their heart, and for this reason blog is the best platform, I think. In website, you have to make it as per format, you can't overdo things in this platform. So blog is more preferable to common people.

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

Actually there are two categories of people existings some prefer not to invest any money so they go easy easy means doing blog sites in bloggers or wordpress where as other people love to develop their websites and dont confuse that wordpress is only for free blogs many good established websites are made with wordpress script ,and what i know free hosting is not advisable ,one will face many problem depending on free hosting.

Well I hope the members here turn out and make some good websites. Byyp is one among successful of such kind, also moustafa have his own PTP forum.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Default Re: Why people r creating blogs? Why not at least free websi

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    Friends, I have seen many people though they are a kind of webmasters, prefer to create blogs using blogger.com or wordpress.com, rather than creating websites, though now a days to create website is easy with free website builder, and even host it for free with any free web hosting provider.

So I wonder why many people are creating blogs? Why not free websites when it's very easy?
    Is there any advantage in blogs over websites? I mean is there any special thing in blogs?
    There are many reason - Blogs sites are free to use and also it comes with many good features which can be used to get attract more people and also to get traffic. But when you create free websites, it is time consuming and also money. In free website you are the fully responsible person to make changes in the webpages and also the design and all.. but in blogs it is all free. thousands of free templates are available which can be ported easily ti any blog.. so this is why people prefer to have blog site and not website.

So tiger,
    What you would prefer to have ?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

To create a website, you have to devote most of your time to make it successfull, where as in blog you don't have to do nothing, just post something on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by nick_westlife
    So tiger,
    What you would prefer to have ?
    For me I prefer to have Website, Even it takes time but we can design and develop our own way - we can add what ever we want in the website which we cannot do with blog because as in blogs we can have some restrictions also.

If someone is expert in blog template modification or designing then it is the good idea to use blog and not website..

Blogs can be easier for sites that people want to update frequently in a diary type fashion. Regular sites are better for more normal content. Both have their uses.