Default How to know whether a pic is copyrighted or not ?

Is their anything by which we come to know whether a pic is copyright or not ?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

Everything in internet which is not yours means it is others solo rights when you copy a picture from a site just read their rules about copy right,thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by satyakam
    Everything in internet which is not yours means it is others solo rights when you copy a picture from a site just read their rules about copy right,thats all.
    But where do you get all those details. Hopefully its printed in the bottom of every website that "Copyrighted @ 20XX-20XXX". Well the same thing I can add to my blog but it doesn't 100 % mean that its copyrighted. :?:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by nick_westlife
    Quote Originally Posted by satyakam
    But where do you get all those details. Hopefully its printed in the bottom of every website that "Copyrighted @ 20XX-20XXX". Well the same thing I can add to my blog but it doesn't 100 % mean that its copyrighted. :?:
    Hi nick i dont think you can write false copy right statement if the material is not yours ,so if a site have some pictures and nothing mentioned about distribution rights means you can use some sites exclusively using watermark as copy righted .

If the site gives you the opportunity to copy that picture then they shouldn't object as it is copyrighted. Anyway, when anyone writing the text at the bottom of any page 'copyright ....', would there be any legal process behind that writing? Or anyone can write this.

i think there is no good way for that unless you know the pic is from you.
    if the pic is from others then i dont think it is easy to know the original owner of it.

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    If the site gives you the opportunity to copy that picture then they shouldn't object as it is copyrighted. Anyway, when anyone writing the text at the bottom of any page 'copyright ....', would there be any legal process behind that writing? Or anyone can write this.
    You can write copyright in any page if the site 's material and site is urs own ,otherwise you can't write any copied photos as copy righted.

Then anyone can use that line without any legal bindings! But without any legal proceedings, one should not be able to object and illegal activities with his/her material, at least this my realizations.

hey nick what i think is that all copyrighted pictures have a watermark of their site and if the picture is not having a watermark then the picture is not copyrighted and anyone can use it.

Copyrighting laws vary by country, but for the most part images are under copyright protection the moment they are created and viewable. Copyright protection applies regardless of whether the work is officially copyrighted or not. You can put a copyright notice immediately on your work without registering. However, registering a copyright with a copyright office proves legal ownership and that will help with legal disputes.

Default Re: How to know whether a pic is copyrighted or not ?

Quote Originally Posted by nick_westlife
    Is their anything by which we come to know whether a pic is copyright or not ?
    You will have to check the site terms where the image is hosted for that.

Usually all the images uploaded on web are with copyrights. Only exception is public domain images.

on most cases i dOnt think sites are that strict abOut copyright on images...

depending On what yOu're gOne dO with the images ....
    if you're just gOna repost it or use on your page i think its ok ...
    just dOnt tamper with it tO be sure

cOpyright On movies, mtv, mp3, and softwares are mOre strict...

There are many images which comes out free and you can use it anywhere and they don't have copy right on those images and it is free to use and theer area also images which is copy right images and will be clearly mentioned there and you are not supposed to use it anywhere a sit copy righted image