Default How to transfer web files from one hosting to other hosting?

I have a free website hosted in 000webhosting.com, but now I want to move the websites (web pages) to new hosting company "x10hosting.com". It will really take lot of time to download all files from 000webhosting server and then upload them to x10hosting. Do you know any option from which I can directly transfer all files to the new server?

There are no such way as directly transfer data from one hosting to another. It involves you to download all the contest from you old host then upload it to your new host. If you have backup data for you site, then you can directly it to you new host. If not, I suggest you to use any external FTP program to download your data, then upload it to the new host with the same program.

It must be easy to download all the files with ftp-explorer. Is it necessary to delete all the files from the old hosting space after downloading them all? What happened if I donot delete those files and abandon the hosting service?

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    It must be easy to download all the files with ftp-explorer. Is it necessary to delete all the files from the old hosting space after downloading them all? What happened if I donot delete those files and abandon the hosting service?
    If you do not delete your hosting files and your hosting packages is already expired, the hosting company have write to empty your files. But i advices you to copy one set of your own files to prevents your data and scripts to be steal or copy from the hosting company.

Then I wonder why some people say they have to collect data from their host first to shift to new hosting company. May I know then which data they are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    Then I wonder why some people say they have to collect data from their host first to shift to new hosting company. May I know then which data they are talking about?
    Some people may not download their latest data to backup daily there, especially for those hosting with database. when the hosting expired, immediately you can't access to you hosting directory anymore. But if you want the database and your latest webpages design, you have to request your hosting company to give it to you.

Well, suppose if I shift to new hosting company, I have to download all my files and then upload it to new host server, right? Then what about my domain, how to transfer my domain from existing registrar to new hosting company? Or else, is it ok if I just point the server name to new host DNS server without transferring domain?

Well, suppose if I shift to new hosting company, I have to download all my files and then upload it to new host server, right? Then what about my domain, how to transfer my domain from existing registrar to new hosting company? Or else, is it ok if I just point the server name to new host DNS server without transferring domain?
    Do not confuse about domain registrar and domain hosting. For example if you are having lemon.com which hosting in A company, now if you want to change your hosting to B company, you just need to login to lemon.com registrar and change the DNS and server setting to path it to B company. Of course your B company must have your hosting site in order to work. Then you can drop A company hosting.

Do not confuse about domain registrar and domain hosting. For example if you are having lemon.com which hosting in A company, now if you want to change your hosting to B company, you just need to login to lemon.com registrar and change the DNS and server setting to path it to B company. Of course your B company must have your hosting site in order to work. Then you can drop A company hosting.
    Then, what if I just want to change domain registrar, not web hosting. I mean suppose if I want to shift from my domain registrar "A" to the new registrar "B", but I have my website hosted in "C". What shall I do in this case?

First you need to download all the files in computer, then using ftp you need to transfer to the new website.

Then, what if I just want to change domain registrar, not web hosting. I mean suppose if I want to shift from my domain registrar "A" to the new registrar "B", but I have my website hosted in "C". What shall I do in this case?
    It would be much more easier, as you just need to go to registrar "B", and set the Primary and secondary server to you webiste hosted in "C". Then you can drop the services of registrar "A".

It would be much more easier, as you just need to go to registrar "B", and set the Primary and secondary server to you webiste hosted in "C". Then you can drop the services of registrar "A".
    Thanks eddlelk, but I think you didn't get my point.
    What you mean by "primary" and "secondary" server? Also, how to shift my domain from "A" registrar to "B" registrar"

Thanks eddlelk, but I think you didn't get my point.
    What you mean by "primary" and "secondary" server? Also, how to shift my domain from "A" registrar to "B" registrar"
    Sorry that i may not understand what you means. I just want to point out something here, below is the myhyip.com whois record :

[whois.enom.com]
    =-=-=-=
    Visit AboutUs.org for more information about myhyip.com
    AboutUs: myhyip.com

Registration Service Provided By: NameCheap.com
    Visit: http://www.namecheap.com/

Domain name: myhyip.com

Registrant Contact:
    WhoisGuard
    WhoisGuard Protected ()

Fax:
    8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd
    8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd
    Westchester, P 90045
    US

Administrative Contact:
    WhoisGuard
    Protected (d903c6e419484b8cbb48cc345424c183.protect@whoisgua rd.com)
    +1.6613102107
    Fax: +1.6613102107
    8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd
    8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd
    Westchester, P 90045
    US

Technical Contact:
    WhoisGuard
    WhoisGuard Protected (d903c6e419484b8cbb48cc345424c183.protect@whoisgua rd.com)
    +1.6613102107
    Fax: +1.6613102107
    8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd
    8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd
    Westchester, P 90045
    US

Name Servers:
    ns1.myhyip.com
    ns1.twisted4life.com
    ns2.myhyip.com

Check the ns1 and ns2, this is what i call primary server and secondary server. point the ns1 and ns2 records to your new hosting IP address in order to change hosting.