Default Please help for setting a dns

I have a website hosted on freehostia
    When I saw a free domain name from www.co.cc I registered one and they are asking me to set dns how can I set the dns correctly
    let my address be "example.freehostia.com" (I am not giving the correct address because the site is not complete)
    Please help urgently. they said if I do not register in 48 hours my domain name will be cancelled

Default Re: Please help for setting a dns

Quote Originally Posted by moreinfo
    I have a website hosted on freehostia
    When I saw a free domain name from www.co.cc I registered one and they are asking me to set dns how can I set the dns correctly
    let my address be "example.freehostia.com" (I am not giving the correct address because the site is not complete)
    Please help urgently. they said if I do not register in 48 hours my domain name will be cancelled
    When you register to freehostia use this option ''Use my existing domain'' and enter your domain name, when you receive your Account info you should also receive the DNS, it should be dns1.freehostia.com & dns2.freehostia.com, now head back to the domain registrar and change the DNS server to dns1.freehostia.com & dns2.freehostia.com

you should provide your hosts name server in co.cc account.

Check with the hosting company for the name servers to point it to your site.
    SmartzKool

Thanks both of you ..
    When I was asked to enter dns1 and dns2 I thought I should replace the name with some actual dns ie, like 127.00.0.0 . and I didn't now with what I should replace. That was my confusion. Thanks again for help

i too had the same problem when i created a free domain using co.cc but then i left it as it is and till now my domain name has not been cancelled.now with the above help i too will modify my domain name and start completing my website.thanks for opening this thread and also providing the info.

Default Re: Please help for setting a dns

When you register to freehostia use this option ''Use my existing domain'' and enter your domain name, when you receive your Account info you should also receive the DNS, it should be dns1.freehostia.com & dns2.freehostia.com, now head back to the domain registrar and change the DNS server to dns1.freehostia.com & dns2.freehostia.com
    I also had the same problem when I registered the free domain with co.cc, and so I left it blank. Now I got it, I'm moving to fix it up. It's a great explanation.