Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which is better--Seamonkey or Dreamweaver?

which webdesign software is better among these two? Is anyone know the name of anyother softwares and are they free?

i have till now never used any software to design a website but i think that this might prove helpful in designing a website.i thought that we could just use javascripts in the website design.

Quote Originally Posted by nash_avi
    i have till now never used any software to design a website but i think that this might prove helpful in designing a website.i thought that we could just use javascripts in the website design.
    Don't you use html? I don't know how to write Javascript, so it is easy for me to make a website using seamonkey. You can download it free from www.seamonkey-project.org. Try it.

i have very less idea about HTML but i think that you can find java scripts for designing your website.thanks for providing the site which contains javascripts.you can also know more about this in orkut.there are many communities related to this.

Well I use Dreamweaver as well as Sharepoint but never used Seamonkey. I think Dreamweaver is the best but Sharepoint is also very good.

Sharepoint is a software provided by Microsoft for web designing.
    SmartzKool

Default Re: Which is better--Seamonkey or Dreamweaver?

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    which webdesign software is better among these two? Is anyone know the name of anyother softwares and are they free?
    Undoubtedly The Dreamweaver is the best among all Web Designing Software.
    Thank You.

Default Message

I found dreamweaver quite useful.It has lots of features that required for designing.

Default Re: Which is better--Seamonkey or Dreamweaver?

as my opinion,the dreamweaver is better than Seamonkey.dreamweaver has lots of features for designning site.

I myself frequently use seamonkey, as this is very easy to handle. Sometimes, dreamweaver is also used by me, but it seems quite difficult and as I am not used to this s/w some problems could not be solved.

I am using Dreamviewer and many of the professionals do use Dreamviewer only and Seamonkey is a new name for me and does it have any extra feature and how is it?

Quote Originally Posted by alensot
    I am using Dreamviewer and many of the professionals do use Dreamviewer only and Seamonkey is a new name for me and does it have any extra feature and how is it?
    Is Dreamviewer is another softward? We are discussing here about Dreamweaver, so I think it is a new website designing s/w.
    Seamonkey is freely available in the net and it is very easy to handle. You can create a webpage visually and if you want can edit the html file also.

Is Dreamviewer is another softward? We are discussing here about Dreamweaver, so I think it is a new website designing s/w.
    Seamonkey is freely available in the net and it is very easy to handle. You can create a webpage visually and if you want can edit the html file also.
    Sorry, it's spelling mistake and it should be Dreamweaver and haven't tried out Seamonkey software still and will try it once for sure

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

well i think dreamweaver is the best designing software i ever seen it i dont know about sea monkey.

Tom, have your used dreamweaver ever? Do you know how to create mouseover dropdown menu with it? Or is it possible to create that one with this s/w? I know free javascripts are available in the net, but I just want to know about it.

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

I think it's better to use dreamweaver than seamonkey, because I just learn to use dreamweaver and never use seamonkey.
    Most of my friend using dreamweaver

Tom, have your used dreamweaver ever? Do you know how to create mouseover dropdown menu with it? Or is it possible to create that one with this s/w? I know free javascripts are available in the net, but I just want to know about it.
    Hi you can do this in any text or note pad also without taking any help of dreamweaver because these types of work don't required dreamweaver and

@alec seamonkey is a product of Mozilla and its itself a browser+little feature of html editor only, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC chat client like this its not made specially for HTML editor.
    Thanks.

Dreamweaver has great features like this and there are some ready made flash buttons, text also which you can use it for the site

Dreamweaver has great features like this and there are some ready made flash buttons, text also which you can use it for the site
    I think ssarkar asked about dropdown menu in dreamweaver which is not available to use there to use this we have to write code manually and in dreamweaver there are a limited flash button available.

Thanks debasish, actually dreamweaver provides the facility to create mouseover button, which is again not supported by seamonkey (frame is also not supported by seamonkey). Actually I frequently change the editor between those two while editing my website.

I have not used any software to design web pages. But I have tried with Photoshop and seamonkey. Photoshop has more sophisticated features and options than seamonkey.