Default Stop Error Messages from Displaying

If you constantly see an error message that you can't get rid offor example, from a piece of software that didn't uninstall properly and continues to give errors on startupyou can disable it from displaying on startup.

Run the Registry Editor and go toHKEY_LOCAL MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows. (Thiskey holds a variety of Windows system settings, such as the location of your systemdirectory.)

Create a new DWORD called NoPopupsOnBoot and give it a value of 1. Exit the Registry and reboot for the setting to take effect. To disable it, either delete the DWORD value or give it a value of 0.

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

Thanks for your tips.
    But we can do that in Win98 or Win XP?

paramita, you are a spammer of this forum and I wonder why no one is taking any action against you..!!None of your posts are informative, to the point and even on topic always..!!

actually i don't mind seeing that message. though it is really a hassle to keep seeing those errors. but i think it is really part of our internet explorer.

Thanks i never knew that there was a way to get rid of it!

It is recommended that not change the configuration on regedit, so is there any ways for the above to make changes.

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

thanks a lot for sharing this nice tips ,this will really help me out of some problem.

Default Re: Stop Error Messages from Displaying

Quote Originally Posted by paramita0101
    If you constantly see an error message that you can't get rid offor example, from a piece of software that didn't uninstall properly and continues to give errors on startupyou can disable it from displaying on startup.

Run the Registry Editor and go toHKEY_LOCAL MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows. (Thiskey holds a variety of Windows system settings, such as the location of your systemdirectory.)

Create a new DWORD called NoPopupsOnBoot and give it a value of 1. Exit the Registry and reboot for the setting to take effect. To disable it, either delete the DWORD value or give it a value of 0.
    This is really a very good information.. thanks a lot for sharing. But would recommend not to change any setting in the registry this will give you any other problem. Better you install that software one more time or try to repair is to remove that error.

I think that problem comes mainly because of not installed that software properly or some dll might be corrupted. We can solve this problem repairing the software.

Default Re: Stop Error Messages from Displaying

Quote Originally Posted by paramita0101

Nice Information Its really very valuable for everybody.Thanks for sharing with Us.
    Thanks.

do you have idea in Linux operating system how we can apply it.