Default What is the different between .com and .net ?

What is the different between .com and .net?
    Will they also effect to SEO?
    Can someone help me?
    THANKS!

Well they are the domain extension, nothing more than that. I guess .com means commercial and .net means network.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

i think the different is the price and popularity.
    .com is well known worldwide, while .net is growing now.

I think com is very popular and net is not so much. The .com means commercial and .net means network. both work r same.

Quote Originally Posted by paramita0101
    I think com is very popular and net is not so much. The .com means commercial and .net means network. both work r same.
    yeah for the first timers before in the internet. i was really surprised that they are more than one domain than . com only. thought all websites are callled .com. i wonder if the first one is really .com only at first.

Well actually both domain names r almost used for d same purpose. Technically .com domains are for commercial purposes and .net domains are supposed to be for private networks/private company sites, i mean which do not sell or promote online.

I DON'T THINK THAT THERE IS MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE IT DOESN'T AFFECT ANYTHING I DON'T THINK!

.com generally used for extension of websites and ,net is not generally used but rarely.

Actually .com and .net is not much different, just to differentiate for commecial website and network based website as most of the members alsready described it. Some country have limitation of applying .com site which you have to specific your real company registration number before applying it. This is to prevent internet fraud.

Default Re: What is the different between .com and .net ?

Quote Originally Posted by yuanshen76
    What is the different between .com and .net?
    Will they also effect to SEO?
    Can someone help me?
    THANKS!
    For me and for SEO also it really does not matter. Your site domain can be anything but the IP address is really matter when we talk about SEO. You can select any domain as you want.. if your contents are good then you will get the same result in both the cases.

.com is what most people are familiar with. If people think of a site, the instinct is to attach .com to it. There are popular sites with .net, but it is harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary Matrix
    .com is what most people are familiar with. If people think of a site, the instinct is to attach .com to it. There are popular sites with .net, but it is harder.
    Why ip-address is so important for seo? Please describe it. I think .com domain gets more importance in seo as in maximum cases .com domains has good position than .net domains. Plus .com domains attract users more.

Actually .com the first introduced domain extension,so it became popular.then lots of extension added according to requirement ,and now a days most people come to a site though search engine or forum links ,so no need to remember the name.

yeah very correct. People will give more attentions to .com site and then any other sites. This is the only reason why .com having more price and rates when we go to open .com domain site.

.net is also not that bad. If some one wants to do business then I think .com or .net does not matter at all.

i have a .com and .biz domain and dont feel much defference between them,
    btw what is .biz stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by elliotthn05
    i have a .com and .biz domain and dont feel much defference between them,
    btw what is .biz stand for?
    yes, it really does not matter which domain you are having the only matters is the content of the site and of course the quality.

.biz means Business..

first,i think .com is more popular than .net.second,the .com means commercial and .net means network.and otherway,they are can all be used by anysite.

well apart from .com and .org now .tv is used popularly in many good entertaining organization.i dont see any vast difference between in domain extensions only as .com is started first thatswhy it became very popular.