Default How about purchasing a matrimonial site?

A indian matrimonial site is for sale and i have placed a bid of $550 which is the highest so far. The buy it now price is $20,000. The last date of the auction is 19th of this month. Now guys plz tell me is it a gud decision to buy a site which is existing for the last 5 years and if yes then whats the maximum amount shall i quote? Do you think that matrimonial sites are worth $20,000. How much revenue it cud generate? Plz offer positive/negative comments.

Default Re: How about purchasing a matrimonial site?

Quote Originally Posted by shishir
    A indian matrimonial site is for sale and i have placed a bid of $550 which is the highest so far. The buy it now price is $20,000. The last date of the auction is 19th of this month. Now guys plz tell me is it a gud decision to buy a site which is existing for the last 5 years and if yes then whats the maximum amount shall i quote? Do you think that matrimonial sites are worth $20,000. How much revenue it cud generate? Plz offer positive/negative comments.
    I dont have much idea regarding the matrimonial website but we can earn more money from them by making people register in it and get money for providing brides and bridgrooms contact... And you can earn more from placing advts in that website.
    Earn 0.25$ per Lead
    Hidden Content

Vist my Blog to Make Money
    Hidden Content

Devesh is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

I think that matrimonial site is good thing to earn on.
    Especially in India, you can earn good amount by getting sufficient ads on this site and you are likely to get good traffic to your site if it is matrimonial site. Our social system is such that this site will get large number of visitors.
    However, cannot say anything about the bid (rate).

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

I think you must check / investigate that site first.
    are they have good reputation? and are they active for 5 years?
    dont just excited by their bidding price, because usually site owner bid the price higher than their real price.

well,
    i dont have much idea on this at all.
    but how much ad revenue you get ot of it that affects your earning too.

Quote Originally Posted by Devesh
    I think that matrimonial site is good thing to earn on.
    Especially in India, you can earn good amount by getting sufficient ads on this site and you are likely to get good traffic to your site if it is matrimonial site. Our social system is such that this site will get large number of visitors.
    However, cannot say anything about the bid (rate).

wow, it is great to know that matrimonial site is a big thing in india. well i have never heard that other countries have that. anyways, in that case, i think that it will really going to earn you big income when you run that kind of site. it is really worth the amount of money that you have bid on that site. but $20,000. i don't know if that is worth it to invest that much. only you can tell if you will be able to get back that big amount. i think to be safe just stick with your last bid.

Thanks all of you for your suggestions. I'll stick to my bid of $550.

well as its mentioned it cud be big business in india provided you are able to promote it well..perhaps you should do a back ground check on it

Quote Originally Posted by shishir
    Thanks all of you for your suggestions. I'll stick to my bid of $550.
    wow.. good good good.. so, when u buy it pls share here also. All the best for ur bid. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by rsviper
    well as its mentioned it cud be big business in india provided you are able to promote it well..perhaps you should do a back ground check on it
    well i think that you must good in advertising and business for you to succeed. you must know the basics of business to avoid mistakes along the way. .

Well matrimonial sites in India will surely rock, that what I would say to you. Just wait and see if you get that site under your control (since you are the highest bidder so far). All the best.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

Thanks Nick. I hope i'll emerge the highest bidder if not i'll try my luck elsewhere. I hope all of you will be willing to work with me if i buy one website right?

Well We will surely if we know what work in which we can assist you Shishir ??
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I wish you have won that. Owing a matrimony site is great as the opportunities of earning with that are limitless..people can never stop marrying, so such sites can never go in vain..

$550 is quite reasonable for that site and if its an established one, you will be recovering that in a month or less. Please tell me where you find listings for Indian sites, I am interested in purchasing them too.

Devesh is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

shishir: It will be interesting thing to know what happened to your bid. Did you win or not? If no then at what price was it sold?

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content