Default What is nofollow and how to use it?

I don't want to get penalized by Google so what is this rage about the nofollow tag? How do I utilize it in order to keep my PR up?

Default Re: What is nofollow and how to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDefier
    I don't want to get penalized by Google so what is this rage about the nofollow tag? How do I utilize it in order to keep my PR up?
    Hi Defier,
    The rel=”nofollow” attribute is an easy way for a website to tell search engines that the website can’t or doesn’t want to vouch for a link. The best-known use for nofollow is blog comment spam, but the mechanism is completely general. Nofollow is recommended anywhere that links can’t be vouched for. If your logs analysis program shows referrers as hyperlinks, I’d recommend using nofollow on those links. If you have a wiki that anyone on the web can edit, I’d recommend nofollow on those links until you can find a way to trust those links. In general, if you have an application that allows others to add links, web spammers will eventually find your pages and start annoying you.

Visit http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/quick-...t-on-nofollow/ for more details ...Let me know your concerns...
    Earn 0.25$ per Lead
    Hidden Content

Vist my Blog to Make Money
    Hidden Content

i think that rage is justified too TheDefier coz imagine you click on something or "get an impression" on some link when actually its "redirecting" you to some other(s) sites..then its obviously against marketing rules..and more over for the similar reasons to avoid "spam" google started digging sites using excessive link exchange for keeping their PRs up

Thanks guys... cleared up some problems. So I shouldn't use nofollow in my posts? Only in the comment section of my blog because that's where user content can be produced?