Default different softwares required for designing a website

what are the different softwares required for designing a website. how many softwares are used in designing a website. which software is mostly used for designing a website

Simple answer buddy more features more software, if you count from internet basic software required then they are plenty.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

Default Re: different softwares required for designing a website

Quote Originally Posted by mustang
    what are the different softwares required for designing a website. how many softwares are used in designing a website. which software is mostly used for designing a website
    Photoshop is a must. Followed by Dreamweaver. FrontPage though could be a cheap alternative for it. Third, Firefox and the Web Developers' Toolbar. Then, FileZilla / FireFTP (I prefer the former).

Guess that's pretty much

I think photoshop can be bypassed for a basic design ..but dreamweaver would be must, if you don't know html to code yourself..FTP client and server are other things that would be needed as toast has described. many people use dreamweaver only..

yeah, dreamweaver is very helpful especially if you are in a rush. But i would say Photoshop for graphics, dreamweaver for coding. FTP for fast uploading.
    Lucid Creativity
    Hidden Content

Cuzzer have you tried fireworks for designing..I have been using it since a year..and although it has totally been replaced by photoshop..but somehow, now I see its better in terms of logo creations and adding special effects..what do you say?

Quote Originally Posted by byyp
    Cuzzer have you tried fireworks for designing..I have been using it since a year..and although it has totally been replaced by photoshop..but somehow, now I see its better in terms of logo creations and adding special effects..what do you say?
    I have tried fireworks last year. I dont love it as much as photoshop but I must say that it produces neat graphics, especially that they use .png as the default file type. yeah I think its good for logo making, tho I haven't made any logo using it.
    Lucid Creativity
    Hidden Content

i am not really familiar with the softawre needed to make a web page. but i am just trying to learn a photoshop.

I think photoshop is a good start because it will really help you on improving your sites appearance and all that graphics you'll be needing. and maybe you can learn HTML first and then CSS, those are the basics.
    Lucid Creativity
    Hidden Content

When designing websites, I use Photoshop and Dreamweaver and Notepad/.

Quote Originally Posted by cuzzer
    I think photoshop is a good start because it will really help you on improving your sites appearance and all that graphics you'll be needing. and maybe you can learn HTML first and then CSS, those are the basics.
    well where can i learn CSS. i have not heard of that. i will try to research and study CSS too. cause i am still learning html. i will try to learn all those basic things.

Thanks for the tip.

There are tons of tutorials over the net so Im sure who wont have a hard time looking for one. CSS is Cascading Style Sheet that focuses on the design code/appearance source code of your website, it is usually save on a different file with .css extension and then attached inside your HTML file. But the whole CSS code could also be included inside the HTML source code.
    Lucid Creativity
    Hidden Content