Default can any buddy tell me how to install script?

As i am deciding to open a new site but i need to know how to download it and install it!
    If you can provide this information to me i will be highly obliged!

thanks in advance,
    ________
    Letizia
    Last edited by smithjjw; 25-08-11 at 07:46.

sorry, i also don't know about it. but also want to know it. pls somebody help us both. Thanks in advance.

it is easy to download. you can have the script for free if you like. i can tell you where to get a free script. i have downloaded one. given as a gift. i can tell you where to download it . pm me.

but after downloading into my computer. i really don't know how to use this one. i think i really need to have webhosting first. i will try free webhosting first. just pm for your free script. you can choose on the many choices of script that will be paid by another person.

Quote Originally Posted by indieover
    it is easy to download. you can have the script for free if you like. i can tell you where to get a free script. i have downloaded one. given as a gift. i can tell you where to download it . pm me.

but after downloading into my computer. i really don't know how to use this one. i think i really need to have webhosting first. i will try free webhosting first. just pm for your free script. you can choose on the many choices of script that will be paid by another person.
    I think u have lots of free script. I want to know is this script r ptc site or other site. I am also going to pm u for free script.

Default Re: can any buddy tell me how to install script?

Quote Originally Posted by smithjjw
    As i am deciding to open a new site but i need to know how to download it and install it!

thanks in advance,
    There are many scripts available over net. Just google it & you will Lot many at your disposal. You have to download the appropriate script for your website.

then just upload all the files of the script to your webhost through FTP. Then point the browser to www.yourdomain.com/install.php . install.php is different for different scripts . Read the file named read me Or install provided in the script folder.

You need to have MY SQL Databses information ready before installing a script. Some scripts required you to enter the database information while installing , while some other require you to enter the information before installing by editing the config.php file.

It would be better if you follow the instructions given in the read me/install.txt file in the scripts folder.

Most of the scripts are very easy to install. Just you gotta upload them to your website and they start working. But it's necessary to have atleast some basic knowledge of SQL. I had uploaded a ptc script once. The scripts works fine for outside users but there were many flaws in the administration so I removed it.

Default Re: can any buddy tell me how to install script?

Quote Originally Posted by smithjjw

thanks in advance,
    I didn't get you. which site and script you are talking about. Are you talking about PTC site or the normal Forum myBB. I think better you check the myBB site if this is about forum - there you will get more in detail.. all stepa in detail. thanks!

There is no need to of installing scirpt in your web desing if you using wrong terminology if you want create web desing use any tools llike html or php and then insert your desired script in to that code that supports it.