Default is html the most popular language for designing websites

is html the most popular language for designing websites. which language is used for designing most of the websites. what are the advantages of html as compared to the other programming languages

I am using PHP, I would say that HTML is programming language since it is HyperText Markup Language and you cant program anything just mark words with tags that they look nicers

With PHP you can have some functions and work is much easier.
    There is also ASP and CGI but I dont know them much.

the most widely used programming language are html and php. also cgi is used for web designing but these are more popular then the other languages used for website designing

yes no doubt that html is the most widely used and the most popular because it is the most basic thing. and it is the really most important.

i know a little about html is the basic language.
    but if you want to be good at program then you should learn many of them.like asp,java,php and so on

the only advantage I see on knowing HTML is that you know the basics. But most programming languages right now hardly looks like an HTML code.
    Lucid Creativity
    Hidden Content

I would say that it is the best and i use it because it is easy to get people to help you wiht it because a lot of people use it!

HTML is one of the important skills required if you are in web design but that alone wont help to develop more dynamic websites.HTML mostly used for static design pages, it requires some server side programming(ASP/JSP/PHP) for make it more dynamic.

i want to know that without knowing html can i create a website on my own?if yes please let me know because i don't have any idea about html.

Default Re: is html the most popular language for designing websites

Quote Originally Posted by mustang
    is html the most popular language for designing websites. which language is used for designing most of the websites. what are the advantages of html as compared to the other programming languages
    PHP is the most popular and famous language for designing websites and this forum also made on PHP script.Its very flexible and comfortable for developers.
    Thank You.

HTML is the most popular language if you want to make static website and it is very easy to understand and to learn.

HTML is the most important language when we talk about Web Development. Without it we cannot do anything. It is the most popular of course. Well one thing I would like to say, you cannot compare HTML with any other programming language because HTML is used to build web pages and no one can do it. HTML is used to design web site but all other languages are used for different purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger
    HTML is the most important language when we talk about Web Development. Without it we cannot do anything. It is the most popular of course. Well one thing I would like to say, you cannot compare HTML with any other programming language because HTML is used to build web pages and no one can do it. HTML is used to design web site but all other languages are used for different purpose.
    Absolutely right tiger you have explained in such a way that a layman understand the meaning,features an nature of HTML very deeply.
    Keep contributing.
    Thanks.

Yes html is main and most popular website development language, but what is XML doing? It is also becoming popular nowadays, but what is its' purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    Yes html is main and most popular website development language, but what is XML doing? It is also becoming popular nowadays, but what is its' purpose.
    1- XML stands for EXtensible Markup Language
    2- XML is a markup language much like HTML
    3- XML was designed to carry data, not to display data
    4- XML tags are not predefined. You must define your own tags
    5- XML is designed to be self-descriptive
    6- XML is a W3C Recommendation
    Thanks.

Thanks for your informations Debasish. XML then not used to create webpages. We find that the sitemap files, which we have to submit to yahoo/google are of xml files.

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    Thanks for your informations Debasish. XML then not used to create webpages. We find that the sitemap files, which we have to submit to yahoo/google are of xml files.
    right.actually its such a markup language which helps to carry or convert other language to a HTML format and it convert different codes in to a same standard which can be understandable by others.it also used in credit card validation also.
    Its not a simple language i just explain the above thing very briefly if i will start writing about it it will take more time and more space alos.
    Thanks.

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

Hi html is the basic blocks used in every web related things but for designing i think php asp like language used and css script though i'm not sure.

Default Message

You are talking about HTML.I think HTML is old and now a days people do not use HTML though it is basic .People use asp,aspx,java.Security of java is good.Still i will use asp.