Default which is the best free web hosting service

why are sites offering free web hosting services. do they also earn from free web hosting services instead of paid web hosting services. how are they able to earn from free web hosting services

there are so many free webhosting. to tell which one the best is really hard cause no one i guesss have tried all those free webhosting sites. i have just joined three webhosting sites.

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

You should know, free hosting means yo have very limited bandwidth and storage.
    And if you run out the bandwidth or storage, you will be asked to upgrade your membership to paid one.

So, free hosting is just for trial use

so they are hoping that after a trial that you will end up joining or upgrading your account and that is how they make money from free webhosting. i think that is right decision. you attract customers or clients by giving them free trials. and once they liked their service then they got themselves a client.

obviously , the free hosting sites do earn from it , they play their adds on the sites , which generate revenue.
    according to me the best free hosting site is .. 110mb.com , and freewebs.com

Quote Originally Posted by sumind
    obviously , the free hosting sites do earn from it , they play their adds on the sites , which generate revenue.
    the provide free service in order to attract many people to vivist their site

and when someone uses their hosting they display ads in the sites where the member created.if you want to clear the ads you should pay for that.
    and some free forums do as the same

According to me, only geocities.com and awardspace.com are a good free web hosting companies to practice on.
    For your question why they offer free web hosting, I would say that they are expecting that we will upgrade for paid web hosting later on if we are used to their service, and understand their reliability and uptime.
    But some free webhosting prorivder place ads in our site to generate revenue from our site.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    According to me, only geocities.com and awardspace.com are a good free web hosting companies to practice on.
    For your question why they offer free web hosting, I would say that they are expecting that we will upgrade for paid web hosting later on if we are used to their service, and understand their reliability and uptime.
    But some free webhosting prorivder place ads in our site to generate revenue from our site.
    I will totally disagree with this as geocities is the worst and I can't comment about awadspace... All I can say the best free web hosting provider is x10hosting.com without any ads...
    SmartzKool

I counldn't agree with the geocities hosting. They didnt support database and have the ads running around. I am really annoyed using their services. I think you should try freewebs.com, it is better but still they have limited bandwidth only.

Default Re: which is the best free web hosting service

Quote Originally Posted by mustang
    why are sites offering free web hosting services. do they also earn from free web hosting services instead of paid web hosting services. how are they able to earn from free web hosting services
    well,i think when peole buy their free web host,and then they will find there are some hidden fee in this site.so this site can earn from this hidden fee.

Quote Originally Posted by elliotthn05
    Quote Originally Posted by sumind
    the provide free service in order to attract many people to vivist their site

and when someone uses their hosting they display ads in the sites where the member created.if you want to clear the ads you should pay for that.
    and some free forums do as the same
    so this explain why they offer free webhosting. Nice way of attracting to people. And yeah I know all along even if they say free webhosting they still earn form it through different ways

Well most of the free hosting now a days are coming without ads so they do not ewarn from it more but they are not providing the basic feature like root access and also many other function so you have to upgrade for that.

The free hosting site that i know is 000webhost, bluehost, and 50mbhost. Among them i think 000webhost is the best because they provides a big storage for our free hosting site, and also can customized our own scripts.

I think 110mb and 000webhost are the good ones currently in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by kiatsiang
    The free hosting site that i know is 000webhost, bluehost, and 50mbhost. Among them i think 000webhost is the best because they provides a big storage for our free hosting site, and also can customized our own scripts.
    does bluehost be free ?bluehost is a very good hosting.and though it is not expensive,it is also needed to pay 4.9$per year.so bluehost is not the free hosting site.

Quote Originally Posted by easy08
    Quote Originally Posted by kiatsiang
    does bluehost be free ?bluehost is a very good hosting.and though it is not expensive,it is also needed to pay 4.9$per year.so bluehost is not the free hosting site.
    Well never use that bluehost service.I was having my site there and i faced a lot more downtime there.I think even free hosting is better than this one.