Default two or more domain names pointed on the same host server

Friends, I have a doubt, suppose I bought a domain name and pointed the domain to my host say ns1.hostsitename.com; ns2.hostsitename.com;
    Then again I bought a new domain, and pointed to the same host say ns1.hostsitename.com; ns2.sitename.com
    I wonder what will be the outcome if I type the both domains on my browser? Hope someone help with it.

It wouldn't be a problems, as your host server which your hosting company provided can separates different website by different port. Many hosting company server is having more than 10 account reside/hosting in the same server.

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

Default Re: two or more domain names pointed on the same host server

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    Friends, I have a doubt, suppose I bought a domain name and pointed the domain to my host say ns1.hostsitename.com; ns2.hostsitename.com;
    Then again I bought a new domain, and pointed to the same host say ns1.hostsitename.com; ns2.sitename.com
    I wonder what will be the outcome if I type the both domains on my browser? Hope someone help with it.
    First, check your hosting provider status. Did they allow yo to host more than 1 site in 1 hosting package?
    Usually, you can only change the main site for that hosting by contacting cust suport, not manually.

Quote Originally Posted by eddielkk
    It wouldn't be a problems, as your host server which your hosting company provided can separates different website by different port. Many hosting company server is having more than 10 account reside/hosting in the same server.
    Suppose a host claims "host unlimited domains", does that mean we can point as much as domains we want to our host server?

Suppose a host claims "host unlimited domains", does that mean we can point as much as domains we want to our host server?
    Some dedicated hosting server who provides "host unlimited domains" to their clients is to means client can creates many to unlimited subdomains to their main account. A hosting server is technically won't be able to "host unlimited domains" as more website hosting in a shared server, the bandwidth and server process will getting slower hence it won't works good. Normally those free hosting package is host in those shared hosting server.

I want help in this regard also.

The hosting provider of my current domain could not provide me much space in spite of repeatedly requesting them in doing so. If I now want to change the service, is it possible in doing so without informing the current service provider? Could it be easy to get the new service for me at once.

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    I want help in this regard also.

The hosting provider of my current domain could not provide me much space in spite of repeatedly requesting them in doing so. If I now want to change the service, is it possible in doing so without informing the current service provider? Could it be easy to get the new service for me at once.
    My understanding is you want to change hosting server is it? then you no need to inform current hosting service provider. Just change the DNS setting of your domain to path to the new hosting site.

kiatsiang, you are right, I just want to change the hosting server. Thanks for your suggestion and encouragement.

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

If that hosting provider claims that, then you can add domain as much as you want, but I think the price is not cheap for that

I don't think you will have any problems here as a server can handle any number of domains pointed towards its and same site will appear

yeah thats right...correct

Have you ever heard of getting
    paid for your opinion?