Default domain without host or without parking

Friends, I have one doubt. Hope you clear it. Suppose if I register a domain, don't park it, nor I point it to my host or redirect it to some other sites, where do my domain stay then?

well, in this case, the domain suppose to remain in the main domain registrar server where their defaults settings path to. You can use whois to see where the domain located before you do any DNS settings.

Quote Originally Posted by eddielkk
    well, in this case, the domain suppose to remain in the main domain registrar server where their defaults settings path to. You can use whois to see where the domain located before you do any DNS settings.
    Dude, then what will show up in our web browser if we type the domain name?
    Moreover, if what you said is true, then I wonder why people parking their domains by spending domain. Why they don't let it to be the host server itself?

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    Quote Originally Posted by eddielkk
    Dude, then what will show up in our web browser if we type the domain name?
    Moreover, if what you said is true, then I wonder why people parking their domains by spending domain. Why they don't let it to be the host server itself?
    What it will shows on your browser depends on the domain registrar defaults settings, it can be totally no page found, or a simple rediection pages, saying that those domain is not ready or something.

What it will shows on your browser depends on the domain registrar defaults settings, it can be totally no page found, or a simple rediection pages, saying that those domain is not ready or something.
    Thanks eddielkk. Then may I know why then all people are parking their domains instaed of leaving their domains to be hosted in their domain registrar itself.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    Thanks eddielkk. Then may I know why then all people are parking their domains instaed of leaving their domains to be hosted in their domain registrar itself.
    I am not really sure about what you means by domain parking in this case. If you means those people hosted their domain in other site rather than the domain registrar company, it may be cuased by the domain registrar company itself didn't provides hosting package, they are just merely selling domain, cos domain don't have maintenance at all, but hosting need a lot of maintenance job.

Once you register a domain with a domain provider, it will be parked for one year and even if you don't host a site also this domain will be parked for one year in the server