Default is the email from LR true?

I received a message from LR, today. and it says I have to confirm my account by clicking a link to receive $1392 from U Is it true? Will my account be stolen if I click the link?

Dear Liberty Reserve member,

You have been sent a transfer of 1392 USD from Liberty Reserve account U3983977. However, in accordance to our newly modified Security Policy, valid from today, 12th June 2009, you are required to confirm your identity before you can receive transfer spends of a sum over 1000 USD. This is done to further strenghten the safety of our members and minimize the possibility of a fraudulent transaction.

Please click on the link below to be taken to the page where you will confirm your ownership of your Liberty Reserve account and receive the transfer spend. Fill out all the fields and press the "Confirm" button. Your submitted data will be sent to our Support team and processed MANUALLY. A few hours later you will be sent an email confirmation and the balance of your Liberty Reserve account will be reflected with the receipt of the 1392 USD.

The above process is a one-time verification of your ownership of your Liberty Reserve account and you will not be required to authenticate yourself once you have successfully completed the process.

Note: Bear in mind that, due to security reasons imposed by our new Policy, the spend will not be credited to your account until you confirm your identity.

CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT WITH LIBERTY RESERVE HERE:

For information and support please e-mail us at support@libertyreserve.com

Thank you.

Well were you supposed to receive any big funds from anyone ? If that's the case then go ahead, if not then definitely it's a phishing link. I think you should confirm with the customer care of LR.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.microsoft
    Well were you supposed to receive any big funds from anyone ? If that's the case then go ahead, if not then definitely it's a phishing link. I think you should confirm with the customer care of LR.
    This is a phising mail. Wonderful is not the only one who got this mail. There are many other people who got this mail.

So just delete the mail. There is no one on the internet who will give that much money for free.lol

hyxfei is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

ofcourse it not from LR. LR or other payment processors will never call you dear member/user. just delete those kind of email and never click any link attached. if you have interests you may login to your account to check directly.

I also do get such e mails and how nice it would be if it is true..! sadly these things are untrue and you should never click on any links you get in e mails

I had never let other LR member send such a large amont of money to me, so I thought it was a bonus from LR, but it is too much. Thanks for clear it.

poor is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

Well i also recieved this in my gmail inbox , quite interesting that they will always come with new ideas in the email , though of course i deleted it without thinking over it.

Quote Originally Posted by hyxfei
    ofcourse it not from LR. LR or other payment processors will never call you dear member/user. just delete those kind of email and never click any link attached. if you have interests you may login to your account to check directly.
    You have a point there. They never mention you as user or member. They always refer to your name or your account number.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderful1
    I had never let other LR member send such a large amont of money to me, so I thought it was a bonus from LR, but it is too much. Thanks for clear it.
    never expect that free lunch.no one can send you bonus without any work. especial for such a large amount.

There is a difference in what the email shown to you and what you are actually directed to. The site link and support email shown in the email which I got were correct but when I placed my mouse over it the address shown was a different one...

hey this is called phishing. they will hack your password and then they will login to your account and take away all your money. dont even login with that link please.

Quote Originally Posted by moreinfo
    There is a difference in what the email shown to you and what you are actually directed to. The site link and support email shown in the email which I got were correct but when I placed my mouse over it the address shown was a different one...
    thanks for your information and i found there are some other signals instead of words or digitals. so they misleading us to access another site..

They do send this as bulk mail and many people do receive this and many of them do also believe this and feel happy and in process will also make mistake in following their direction..!!

Well, you can check whether this mail is really come from LR or not by checking the email header details, from there, you should able to see the email address header, if it is not from LR site, then it is fake one. For me, i definitely think that this is a phishing mail.

Quote Originally Posted by alensot
    They do send this as bulk mail and many people do receive this and many of them do also believe this and feel happy and in process will also make mistake in following their direction..!!
    i also receieved this email when i checked my email this morning.when i open the link. my libertguard tell me this is not safe and i close it soon. haha.

Some people are smart enough and they don't click any link from their email and there are many people who get easily cheated by these kind of mails

A friend of mine received a similar e-mail and clicked on the link provided. His account has been hacked.

Please delete this mail immediately. It is a phising mail because they try to get login details to steal your money. Never click on such link and report it to Liberty Reserve asap.