Default what is framework?

Friends, I often hear the word "framework" associated with web designing. Could someone please brief me about it?

Default REPLY:

Hi! Well could u please elaborate more on this issue!! Framework as a definition means the laid down API's on which u can program and run the desired website/software.

Default Re: REPLY:

Quote Originally Posted by freelancer82
    Hi! Well could u please elaborate more on this issue!! Framework as a definition means the laid down API's on which u can program and run the desired website/software.
    I often hear the word “.net framework” in webmaster forums, also they mention some more scripts name attaching with the word framework say “X framework”, “Y framework”like “.net framework”. I wonder here what they mean by framework. If anyone knows about it, please let me know. Thanks.

Greetings lemon,
    that explains me ur doubt. Well as i have told u before a framework is set of API's and tools let down for development of Software/Web application.
    Like .NET framework is developed by Microsoft and it provides it for free!!! Thus u can desing website on the .NET framework and host it under windows environment!
    Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    I often hear the word “.net framework” in webmaster forums, also they mention some more scripts name attaching with the word framework say “X framework”, “Y framework”like “.net framework”. I wonder here what they mean by framework. If anyone knows about it, please let me know. Thanks.

Greetings lemon,
    that explains me ur doubt. Well as i have told u before a framework is set of API's and tools let down for development of Software/Web application.
    Like .NET framework is developed by Microsoft and it provides it for free!!! Thus u can desing website on the .NET framework and host it under windows environment!
    Thanks a lot for your help but I wonder what you mean by "API". Hope you explain it a bit.

You have to understand concept of framework yourself because framework is a difficult concept.All i can tell you is a framework is structure intended to serve as a support for the creation of something that expands the structure into something useful and there are lot of types of frameworks. .NET is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by revvv1234
    You have to understand concept of framework yourself because framework is a difficult concept.All i can tell you is a framework is structure intended to serve as a support for the creation of something that expands the structure into something useful and there are lot of types of frameworks. .NET is one of them.
    seems a very difficult task to learn this framework. but i don't think it is useful for most people onlien to learn them one cause this is more for advanced user of websites.

indieover I couldnot agree with you as everybody has the right to know the things better. You can't say certain things are useful for these people and certain other things are useful for those people. If anybody has the ability to learn and he/she has sufficient quest for knowledge, he can learn anything at any time and at any age.

Though those are totally my opinion.

A framework provides functionalities/solution to the particular problem area. Definition from wiki: A software framework, in computer programming, is an abstraction in which common code providing generic functionality can be selectively overridden or specialized by user code providing specific functionality.