Default what is the use of a proxy server?

I saw there are many proxy site - some r paid service and some r free.
    So, my question is what is the use of a proxy server? why people use it?

some people use proxy to access one site in which they cant access because of IP problem, this is so far 1 use of a proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by danega
    some people use proxy to access one site in which they cant access because of IP problem, this is so far 1 use of a proxy.
    i did not get u dear - can u pls tell me what is IP problem ? I did not understand it.. Pls tell me in details.

Quote Originally Posted by paramita0101
    i did not get u dear - can u pls tell me what is IP problem ? I did not understand it.. Pls tell me in details.
    There are several websites which does block IPs, the reason may vary, some web masters only want traffic from search friendly countries. So for those who can't access programs which block their IP, they'll have to use Proxies.

If you use proxy server, the IP address is not the same which you are normally using, so google will not detect you that actually you are clicking on your own ads. Mainly because of this, many people are using proxy servers.

poor is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

Well some people use proxy server in hosting too , to divert the attacks they get and keep the database safe in the original server.

Quote Originally Posted by rortiz86
    There are several websites which does block IPs, the reason may vary, some web masters only want traffic from search friendly countries. So for those who can't access programs which block their IP, they'll have to use Proxies.
    you are right rortiz, but for me it's not recommended to use proxies specially those paid sites you are into that disallow the use of proxies.

poor is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by rortiz86
    you are right rortiz, but for me it's not recommended to use proxies specially those paid sites you are into that disallow the use of proxies.
    yeah many sites don't allow use of proxies as we can create duplicate accounts with it , so avoid use of it otherwise we may fall into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    If you use proxy server, the IP address is not the same which you are normally using, so google will not detect you that actually you are clicking on your own ads. Mainly because of this, many people are using proxy servers.
    As I know google will detact all the things. But u said google will not detaect us
    Can u tell us some good Proxy site name.. Reply.. :wink:

Default Re: what is the use of a proxy server?

Well paramita pl dont take me wrong but an experienced person like you dont know about proxy sites and what is proxy?I could not buy it ..any ways if you search proxy site list in google lots of site you will get but some sites usually give problem and some are good.But mind it some sites catch easily who is accessing from proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by satyakam
    Well paramita pl dont take me wrong but an experienced person like you dont know about proxy sites and what is proxy?I could not buy it ..any ways if you search proxy site list in google lots of site you will get but some sites usually give problem and some are good.But mind it some sites catch easily who is accessing from proxy.
    Why i took it wrong? Bez i knew u very well. Whatever I ask here some people are here to criticize that and sometime edit my post also. So, its not a new matter for me.

I also ask Admin Dino - that if i have all knowledge about those matter I can't ask here in this forum ?

Anyway I don’t think I am a experienced person like u bez I am still learning here..

satyakam - I know many proxy site if u have any good site url then share it..

Dear Paramita I know only about free proxy sites and i think there is no paid proxy sites available but one thing is there , you can purchase Unique Ip addresses for your web servers and that's called reserved IP this facility is give by most of the hosting sites like hostgator, host monster, godaddy etc... but for this u need to buy web server from their sites and have to pay for those unique IP addresses.

If you really need any good proxy site lists the please visit the following site where you will get lots of good working proxy sites and all are free and you don't have to pay for it and all proxy sites are very fast.
    The link is : http://proxy.org/

You can also add their widget in your blog or in any sites and you can access any proxy sites from your any blog or websites and no need to visit any other sites.

I hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks.