Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default anyone create attractive websites using templates?

Friend, I have found that we can get many free and premium templates around. I wonder if we download and install these templates for our website, we don't need to concern about web designing stuff. Anyone who doesn't know about web designing, still can create good nice websites using those templates, but I wonder if it's only static or if we can create even dynmic pages using those templates.

I have one more question, usually we have only home page in the template, suppose if we want to have contact us or any other page in the similar background and designing, how to create a replicate of it?

john is offline Senior Member I was here more times.

well what you are talking is true for static wordpress or blogger template but what about dynamic and other web sites according to your need ,you must need web designers for designing a layout according to your purpose.

Default Re: anyone create attractive websites using templates?

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    Friend, I have found that we can get many free and premium templates around. I wonder if we download and install these templates for our website, we don't need to concern about web designing stuff. Anyone who doesn't know about web designing, still can create good nice websites using those templates, but I wonder if it's only static or if we can create even dynmic pages using those templates.

I have one more question, usually we have only home page in the template, suppose if we want to have contact us or any other page in the similar background and designing, how to create a replicate of it?
    Lemon, for your second question I am giving you an idea. You can easily copy the said template (a html file) and then edit it with frontpage, dreamweaver or other such s/w. In this way you can create as many pages as you can with the same background.

Lemon, for your second question I am giving you an idea. You can easily copy the said template (a html file) and then edit it with frontpage, dreamweaver or other such s/w. In this way you can create as many pages as you can with the same background.
    Friend thanks. Now I wonder then why some people are concerning about designing stuffs when they can create good sites using free or premium templates. Why they want to waste their time on designing their layouts?

Friend thanks. Now I wonder then why some people are concerning about designing stuffs when they can create good sites using free or premium templates. Why they want to waste their time on designing their layouts?
    Well lemon i think you didn't see my reply suppose i'll tell i need a site like mylot then what will you do?where you will search for template so templates are just for static web site not for client's need or dynamic purpose.

Yes by using template you could only create the static websites, not a dynamic one. If you know javascripts, then you can add those scripts in that template also to make it something special.

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

some free or premium template usually already contain contact form page.
    But if it's not included there, you can create them by using some script.

Dear Lemon I appreciate your opinion, which is absolutely right and anyone can make beautiful site by using ready made free templates and there is no role of a web designer or a developer but i have a question in my mind to ask all those people who are thinking this.My question is can you plz tell me the free template you are talking about who are designing them and permitting you all people to download them? another thing there is no software available in this world who can design or develop any website and those softwares are available to generate ready made templates those pre build templates are also designed and developed by any web designer and what about the logic part no Dreamweaver no frontpage no blue voda or no web designing software can do this and these are done by the human beings and we add logic to it, the developer is the person who is writing lakhs of codes in different languages and designing lots of graphics by spending hours and hours and that the developer who is permitting us to download all those templates for free, some of you may not know this a single template cost starting from $ 10 to $ 1000 and these designer giving these templates us to free download and we are using these in our site that's why we never know the cost of these designs in International and national markets and some are editing the copyright mark and telling we did this....the blogger theme which we are using in our site cost minimum of $ 15 to 20 but it available to free download that's why we never know its value and worth , if no designer give us these things for free or if anybody stop piracy of these stuffs then only we can realize the real pain of a web designer & a web developer.....

You don't imagine how difficult is this job , when you deal with any live clients from USA,UK Or in India and when they will tell you design a customize design or a customize script the you can know how difficult is this work and at that time no ready made script or no ready made web template will help us because we have to do it manually and another thing i want to share with you to design a web2 logo in photoshop will take minimum of 30 mins. to 1 hr and no work is easy we should respect all those designers and developers who are providing everything free to us...I did anything mistake by writing the above things then i beg your pardon but when you will be a designer or a developer in near future and do any design by using photoshop and dreamwweaver and when you will face real client who will ask you to any customized work then you will write what i have written above.
    Thanks.

@debasis I agree with you. I appreciate these designers work and I know it's really need lots of work to create such good designing. Now I have one more question, I see often "flash templates" if I google around for free templates. I wonder what these flash templates are. Are these templates are created using macromedia flash and so people call it as flash templates?

Debasish, as you are making websites for the clients, you know the pain behind making it. Yes, I also think sometime that how could a beautiful template can be downloaded free from net, what is the benefit the developer would get from giving it free!

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    Debasish, as you are making websites for the clients, you know the pain behind making it. Yes, I also think sometime that how could a beautiful template can be downloaded free from net, what is the benefit the developer would get from giving it free!
    When we do any experiment on our work and get success on it at that time we are happy to share all of our work with all people and imagine one thing if u r a developer and created some product and shared it publicly and while googling you found that one or many persons are using your product and also written some good things about you in their site then how will feel then you came to know how much people loves you, money may come and go at any time and it can make a rich person poor and vice versa , to get that pleasure many people like to share their product freely. Some people are writing in their blog that behind distributing theme or any product there is some secrete earning or motive is there but its not correct thing..designers never earned a single coin from this work.
    Thanks.

@debasis I agree with you. I appreciate these designers work and I know it's really need lots of work to create such good designing. Now I have one more question, I see often "flash templates" if I google around for free templates. I wonder what these flash templates are. Are these templates are created using macromedia flash and so people call it as flash templates?
    Every flash template made using macromedia and this is only one software which is the king among all flash softwares and different companies take the feature or take the basic idea to design any flash stuffs from this macromedia flash software only and no need to searching any flash templates using macromedia , you can just search for flash template download only.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by debasis
    no need to searching any flash templates using macromedia , you can just search for flash template download only.
    Thanks.
    Again thanks Debasis but I wonder what you mean by the above part. Hope you explain it a bit.

Most interesting inputs have been given by Debasis and the people who don't know web-designing properly like Lemon should follow him and the words he said.Web development is not at all easy as one predicts and only when he gets into serious live projects he will come to know the pain of it, though small web sites with 2-3 static pages can be designed easily.I am also in this field since many years and hence i can feel what debasis said here.

Quote Originally Posted by john
    Well lemon i think you didn't see my reply suppose i'll tell i need a site like mylot then what will you do?where you will search for template so templates are just for static web site not for client's need or dynamic purpose.
    Ya i completely agree with you and debasis ,web can't ignoree the hardship and importance of web designers ,just for ex HYMOO site is created in vbulletin but totally customised and designed separately ,so it is teh work of a designer.

Every flash template made using macromedia and this is only one software which is the king among all flash softwares and different companies take the feature or take the basic idea to design any flash stuffs from this macromedia flash software only and no need to searching any flash templates using macromedia , you can just search for flash template download only.
    Thanks.
    debasish, would it be possible to edit those flash templates with the help of frontpage/dreamweaver/seamonkey? Again, will it be worthwhile to use only one page with flash while the remaining pages are static pages?

Thanks.
    debasish, would it be possible to edit those flash templates with the help of frontpage/dreamweaver/seamonkey? Again, will it be worthwhile to use only one page with flash while the remaining pages are static pages?
    I dont think flash templates can be edited through dream weaver i think for this separate software needed.May be debasis can correct me.

Then what is s/w through which we can edit those flash templates, I must google this to find the solution. Flash templates are attractive and and draw more attention than that of static template.

Thanks.
    No No its not possible to edit any flash templates using Frontpage , Dreamweaver or any other software as its build in flash you can't add or edit anything in to it.

@ Lemon I mean no need to search for any flash templates in google by using the pre-fix keyword called "Macromedia" you can search for download flash templates.

Thanks.

Yes, flash files cannot be edited by softwares like frontpage or dreamweaver and these flash files have to be edited by using only flash