Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    poor is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    its depends firstly on your connection speed but mainly it depends on the site maximum allowable download speed which is being set as a certain speed for free members and another speed for premium ones.
    Friend, my internet speed is 512 kbps but I get usually less than 10 kbps download speed when I download torrents. I don't know how to find out download speed of rapidshare or any other downloads. If you know, please let me know.
    well that is quite easy when you download , firefox will show you how much is your download speed , no need to search for it , i guess rapidshare speed will be less than other downloads as many people use them daily.

well that is quite easy when you download , firefox will show you how much is your download speed , no need to search for it , i guess rapidshare speed will be less than other downloads as many people use them daily.
    In firefox, where we can see the download speed? I'm using firefox but never come across that thing so far. Shall I need to change any setting to see that?

I had a rapidshare premium account and that time I was getting around 300kbps download speed instead of usual 35kbps for free download in my 2MB connection. but now that they limited the download to 2.66GB its no longer a preferred site, at least for me......

Friend, my internet speed is 512 kbps but I get usually less than 10 kbps download speed when I download torrents. I don't know how to find out download speed of rapidshare or any other downloads. If you know, please let me know.
    download speed in FireFox can be checked by either Tools>>Downloads
    or if you want a shortcut click on the status bar in the area where remaining time of download is shown.

Quote Originally Posted by moreinfo
    I had a rapidshare premium account and that time I was getting around 300kbps download speed instead of usual 35kbps for free download in my 2MB connection. but now that they limited the download to 2.66GB its no longer a preferred site, at least for me......

download speed in FireFox can be checked by either Tools>>Downloads
    or if you want a shortcut click on the status bar in the area where remaining time of download is shown.
    Dude, 300 kbps is really a good speed, but I wonder what you mean by they limited download to 2.66 GB. Does that mean you can download only files upto 2.66 GB in a month though you own rapidshare premium accounts?

no. it is the daily limit.. monthly limit is 80GB. Previously the limit was 10GB per day but from last November it has been reduced.....

no. it is the daily limit.. monthly limit is 80GB. Previously the limit was 10GB per day but from last November it has been reduced.....
    whats that limit that you are talking about ?
    do you mean about your internet service provider or what?

Dude, 80 GB is more than 10 GB, so I think from November onwards, they have increased the daily download limit.

I am sorry for being unclear again.
    If you joined the site after nov you will have a daily limit of 2.66GB but if you used only 1GB on a day, the next day you can use 2.66GB+1.66GB(the remainder from the previous day).

if you bought premium for 30 days you will have a total download limit of 2.66* 30 =80GB

For account owners who joined before nov 2008 there is a DAILY limit of 10GB which if not completed in a day is not transferable to the next day.
    ie if you download only 5GB a day you won't be able to download 15GB on the next day you only will be able to download 10GB maximum.

Thanks now it cleared my doubt, but I think some other sites like mediafile, hotfile are offering more than rapidshare, so I wonder why some people are still sticking to rapidshare. Maybe they are very old if I'm not wrong.

yeah many others are providing better service than rapidshare. My favorite is www.ifile.it which gives about 200kbps speed for just a free registration.
    Don't know why much people are not using it.

yeah many others are providing better service than rapidshare. My favorite is www.ifile.it which gives about 200kbps speed for just a free registration.
    Don't know why much people are not using it.
    because its not well promoted unlike rapidshare.

poor is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

Thanks now it cleared my doubt, but I think some other sites like mediafile, hotfile are offering more than rapidshare, so I wonder why some people are still sticking to rapidshare. Maybe they are very old if I'm not wrong.
    yeah rapidshare is more famous than all other file hosting sites , mostly i see people uploading files to rapidshare , so people prefer to buy premier account there , other sites are not really used as much as them.

yes thats correct and there are also many other uploading sites which are well promoted like 4shared.

Slow web pages could be the result of dns server timeouts. Your router is probably getting the dns servers from your Internet provider. (Logging on to the router should tell you the routers dns server IP address).

The PC's could be getting their dns server IP address either from your Server or the 2700HGV router. Disconnecting your server from the network and connecting a PC to the router should test this premise.

Take your server out of equation and see if Internet access and webpages speeds up. later test your speed here ScanMySpeed.com