Default diff. bet "layered" and "control panel"

Friends, I understand there are two types of hosting - control panel hosting and layered panel hosting. But I don't know the differences between them. If you know, please share with me.

Default Re: diff. bet "layered" and "control panel&qu

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    Friends, I understand there are two types of hosting - control panel hosting and layered panel hosting. But I don't know the differences between them. If you know, please share with me.
    I have been in this field for so long but never had to come across layered panel hosting and would appreciate if anyone explains the whole thing here

Well i am using layerd panal since say 2 years and really saying that i don't know real technical difference but cpanal is really good as per the site compliance is concered.

Default Re: diff. bet "layered" and "control panel&qu

Sorry friend there are more than 2 types of hosting available in 3 different control panels which are as follows.

1-Layered Panel Hosting
    2-Cpanel Hosting
    3-vps hosting

vps hosting's control panel is different from layered panel and cpanel hosting even its controlpanel is not user friendly and you can't manage it without the help of a expert.

layered panel hosting is third party service, take the example of godaddy site it has layered panel hosting and the Cpanel or control panel hosting is hosted on your service providers site and they have full right over it.
    I will suggest you not to take layered panel hosting you will face many problems.
    Thanks.

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

wow, I just know this.
    Is there any advantage and disadvantage using each of them?
    And which is common used by people?

Quote Originally Posted by alec11
    wow, I just know this.
    Is there any advantage and disadvantage using each of them?
    And which is common used by people?
    Ya of course there are lots of advantages and disadvantages are available for all the hosting panels but writing about here is not possible but in brief i am telling in layered panel hosting you will face many problems in every steps and all the webmasters suggest not to take this but its price is less in comparison to others.
    Semi Cpanel hosting is better than This layered panel hosting as there u will find many good features than layered but it has no advance features but ity won't show you any error or problem what the layered panel will show you.

But the Cpanel hosting is recommended to all but it costs very high as it has loaded with many latest features and if you are a advance users the you can handle it easily but if u r a newbie then to learn managing the cpanel it takes minimum of 5 to 7 days.
    Thanks.

@debasis
    Friend, do you mean "semi-control panel hosting" by "vps" hosting? Moreover, how to find out if a host has layered panel or control panel or semi control panel because most of the host does not mention about it. Yesterday I gave you one site called hostrator.com. Does it have a layered panel? I think so because it's control panel were something odd.

Moreover, debasis, I know some sites like geocities, bravenet does not offer any control panel. what kind of of hosting it is?

@debasis
    Friend, do you mean "semi-control panel hosting" by "vps" hosting? Moreover, how to find out if a host has layered panel or control panel or semi control panel because most of the host does not mention about it. Yesterday I gave you one site called hostrator.com. Does it have a layered panel? I think so because it's control panel were something odd.

Moreover, debasis, I know some sites like geocities, bravenet does not offer any control panel. what kind of of hosting it is?
    Hi lemon if possible mail me the screen shot of your hosting control panel i will tell you whether its layered or any other and ya you are right no host tell that which control panel they have but maximum of hosting sites told they are giving cpanel hosting but some are telling lie to misguide its clients but if you have any doubt while purchasing any host you can consult with me. Ya bravenet is giving Layered Panel Hosting.
    Thanks.

Well after looking at all the replies here i will suggest to take a cpanal hosting rather than a layerd hosting as i have used layer hosting and there are many problems with installing the various softwares.

Hi lemon if possible mail me the screen shot of your hosting control panel i will tell you whether its layered or any other and ya you are right no host tell that which control panel they have but maximum of hosting sites told they are giving cpanel hosting but some are telling lie to misguide its clients but if you have any doubt while purchasing any host you can consult with me. Ya bravenet is giving Layered Panel Hosting.
    Thanks.
    Thanks.
    Friend, may I know then what kind of hosting geocities.com offer. Actually, they don't provide any control panel at all. So I think it's neither, CP hosting or layer panel hosting. How do you call then that?

Thanks.
    Thanks.
    Friend, may I know then what kind of hosting geocities.com offer. Actually, they don't provide any control panel at all. So I think it's neither, CP hosting or layer panel hosting. How do you call then that?
    You Are Most Welcome!!! One thing remember it will help you in future to know which hosting provide Cpanel, Which Provides Other Hosting panel.
    Where you will get the most advance facilities that called Cpanel and there are many versions of Cpanels so basically those hosting which monthly hosting cost started from $ 5 then treat it as a control panel hosting and except it others are layered panel hosting. But remember never purchase any hosting from godaddy.com because its taking much money but providing layered panel hosting which is much complecated and if you net is slow then you never open its control panel as its 3'rd party integration and usually godaddy's server is very slow to load.
    Thanks.

Yes, i also didn't know these many things after Debasis explained things in detail and i feel c-panel is most useful compared to layered hosting

Quote Originally Posted by alensot
    Yes, i also didn't know these many things after Debasis explained things in detail and i feel c-panel is most useful compared to layered hosting
    Thanks for appreciating my work and i get my reward from this, at least from my description my friends get some basic idea about different types of hostings.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by debasis
    Quote Originally Posted by alensot
    Thanks for appreciating my work and i get my reward from this, at least from my description my friends get some basic idea about different types of hostings.
    Thanks.
    Yes Debasis, now everybody came to know things in detail about various kinds of hostings here things which has to be appreciated should be appreciated and i always follow this rule and you come out with solution for almost all of the web development things and that show's your vast experience in that field..keep it up

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

I also didn't know the details but another i know which i want to add here is if you are using cpanel of an existing hosting if you want to change hosting then make sure the new hosting has cpanel facility so that data transfer will be easy.

You Are Most Welcome!!! One thing remember it will help you in future to know which hosting provide Cpanel, Which Provides Other Hosting panel.
    Where you will get the most advance facilities that called Cpanel and there are many versions of Cpanels so basically those hosting which monthly hosting cost started from $ 5 then treat it as a control panel hosting and except it others are layered panel hosting. But remember never purchase any hosting from godaddy.com because its taking much money but providing layered panel hosting which is much complecated and if you net is slow then you never open its control panel as its 3'rd party integration and usually godaddy's server is very slow to load.
    Thanks.
    Thanks debasis but I have got one question. Do you mean then geocities and bravenet which doesn't offer any control panel, are really offering layered panel hosting? Actually we have to manage our files there only via file manager option.