Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do you go for domain buying and hosting in diferent sites?

These days many of them are buying domain from server and hosting it in different server and may be this is due to the price range in different servers

Yes, there are different price package for domain name and hosting, if for me i will choose for the cheapest price for domain and may be using a free hosting site, then path the domain to the free hositng, I think the configuration shouldn't be too hard to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by kiatsiang
    Yes, there are different price package for domain name and hosting, if for me i will choose for the cheapest price for domain and may be using a free hosting site, then path the domain to the free hositng, I think the configuration shouldn't be too hard to do that.
    Sometimes for better configuration and site support, it is better to choose the same hosting company and the domain registrar company, to reduces the problems between the two communication of 2 different sites. Unless the hosting company is reputated one, then it won't be a problems to choose other domain to path to it.

Quote Originally Posted by kiatsiang
    I buy domain and host the particular website also in the same site and i am not comfortable in picking up two things in different sites or different servers

Default Re: Do you go for domain buying and hosting in diferent site

Quote Originally Posted by alensot
    These days many of them are buying domain from server and hosting it in different server and may be this is due to the price range in different servers
    Yes I do for things in different ways because I feel that the price of hosting from where you have purchased your domain is high and I can't afford that.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

Even i have noticed that sites dealing with domain registration do have higher hosting cost and this also maybe due to their thinking that whoever books a domain needs a hosting space and they might select their own plans instead of going for other hosts

Even i have noticed that sites dealing with domain registration do have higher hosting cost and this also maybe due to their thinking that whoever books a domain needs a hosting space and they might select their own plans instead of going for other hosts
    This is one of the good way for those hosting company to get more chances for members to signup their domain name as well. As people will think that having 2 different sites for this hosting and domain name, when problems arises, it is hard to contact both of them, they may blame each other that the problems is come from the other party.

Quote Originally Posted by eddielkk
    This is one of the good way for those hosting company to get more chances for members to signup their domain name as well. As people will think that having 2 different sites for this hosting and domain name, when problems arises, it is hard to contact both of them, they may blame each other that the problems is come from the other party.
    Exactly and to get more customers for them , the adapt different techniques and this is where marketing stands tall for any company and clients will not notice all finer points

Well usually there are many sites that provide domain at a price that is almost double than you buy from a domain registrar site.Also the renewal cost is almost too much for such domains.SO that may be the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowking
    Well usually there are many sites that provide domain at a price that is almost double than you buy from a domain registrar site.Also the renewal cost is almost too much for such domains.SO that may be the cause.
    Which is the one you would prefer as i was always going for sify.com and then later on got shifted to net4india where i get satisfied by the service

Friends, I too like to have both domain registration and website host in the same place, but many professional web designer like to have it in two different places. I still can't understand why they prefer different places for host and domain registration.

Friends, I too like to have both domain registration and website host in the same place, but many professional web designer like to have it in two different places. I still can't understand why they prefer different places for host and domain registration.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    I never go to buy in different places as one problem will be two here as if any site is not working or some other problem, our hosted site also may not work properly

ya you can observe this with most of the people having online forums/websites or any site they would buy domain from different people and hosting from another company and most of the time it is the hosting company which will scam i guess

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

i can't understand why different sites take different price for domain bookings ,godaddy take certain price and other sites take separate price ,why is so?

yes,as me ,i want to buy hosting on a site ,and if the domain of this site is expensive,i will buy domain on other site.it is normal for most webmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by easy08

yes,as me ,i want to buy hosting on a site ,and if the domain of this site is expensive,i will buy domain on other site.it is normal for most webmaster.
    Maybe some people do this and i feel this thing is not good at all as in many of the times, any one of the sites having problem or down with maintenance wil give problems to your site

This is a good promoting way, especially for newbies. usually, people like buying domains and hosting in same site, no reason, it is just a habit. Only experts are familiar with such way, and buy them in different sites.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderful1
    This is a good promoting way, especially for newbies. usually, people like buying domains and hosting in same site, no reason, it is just a habit. Only experts are familiar with such way, and buy them in different sites.
    You are right in some way, but even experts prefer to be on the same server for both most of the times as they also don't like to be in different sites for each one

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

I use 3 different web hosting for all of my site, but just 1 really satisfy me.
    But I'm still looking for a new web hosting that cheap and reliable