Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How do you select a domain name?

Domain name is the very important part of a web site and it is the main thing to get more and more visitors to any website.How do you select the domain name of any website? do you look at the content of your site and select website name accordingly or do you have other option like hot attractive domain names which can bring you more traffic?

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

if you have a hard time to choose your own domain name, then you can try google labs, it will help you to find suitable domain name for your site niche.
    For me, I just search my desired domain name, and if already registered, I'll just search for other name

Quote Originally Posted by alec11
    if you have a hard time to choose your own domain name, then you can try google labs, it will help you to find suitable domain name for your site niche.
    For me, I just search my desired domain name, and if already registered, I'll just search for other name
    What is Google labs? i haven't heard about this till now..! my question was how do you pick that particular word for domain..is it seeing the content of the website or any other method?

The domain name must be in accordance with the contents of the website. While selecting the domain name for our website, we have researched a lot and ultimately choose one which contains the aim and service our website would provide in abbreviated format, but it proved wrong ultimately.

I never heard about google lab. We should research the net extensively before selecting a name for our domain.

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    The domain name must be in accordance with the contents of the website. While selecting the domain name for our website, we have researched a lot and ultimately choose one which contains the aim and service our website would provide in abbreviated format, but it proved wrong ultimately.

I never heard about google lab. We should research the net extensively before selecting a name for our domain.
    Yes, well said and i also follow the same path as you do here and many website which are wanting to earn money through their website look out for hot domains and maybe that domain thing might show little in their site also, but they don't mind...!

I always choose a domain theat matching the contents of my site, it will easy for my visitors to remember my site and they will knows what i am going to do with the site. But now almost all the good name is being taken by others, i only can select some longname which is not really that good.

Quote Originally Posted by kiatsiang
    I always choose a domain theat matching the contents of my site, it will easy for my visitors to remember my site and they will knows what i am going to do with the site. But now almost all the good name is being taken by others, i only can select some longname which is not really that good.
    If the websites is for some educational institute, then even these short names will do perfect, but if it is for some business organizational then the name of the domain is very important for future visitors into your site

Quote Originally Posted by alensot
    If the websites is for some educational institute, then even these short names will do perfect, but if it is for some business organizational then the name of the domain is very important for future visitors into your site
    If we are looking for .com good domain name for our site, it is really getting harder to find a good name, almost all the nice name is being taken by others, what we can expect a good name only from those infamous domain name like .info

Default Re: How do you select a domain name?

Domain name is the very important part of a web site and it is the main thing to get more and more visitors to any website.How do you select the domain name of any website? do you look at the content of your site and select website name accordingly or do you have other option like hot attractive domain names which can bring you more traffic?
    i choose domain name depand on my content of website.eg.i want to make a site about travel.if i can choose travel.com as my domain is the best choice.but it has been registered.so i have to choose a domain connect to the travel but not the travel.com,eg.farfartravel.com is also good and not been used.

Quote Originally Posted by eddielkk
    If we are looking for .com good domain name for our site, it is really getting harder to find a good name, almost all the nice name is being taken by others, what we can expect a good name only from those infamous domain name like .info
    yes, I am also agree with u ... bez most of the good name allredy taken .. so, if u want those name then we have to try .info / net. / .in / .org - these type of domain names - which is very sad... Bez i allways like .com

If your firm is having an unique name and you are developing a website for your firm, then you can get a nice domain in the name of that firm itself without much people going for that domain

If your firm is having an unique name and you are developing a website for your firm, then you can get a nice domain in the name of that firm itself without much people going for that domain
    yes,having an unique name is a very good thing for a firm developing a website, but it is not often luck to find a unque name for a firm.

Quote Originally Posted by easy08
    yes,having an unique name is a very good thing for a firm developing a website, but it is not often luck to find a unque name for a firm.
    There is nothing impossible in this world, where in some things you have to work hard to get the things done and even in this case also you will have to work out more to find out the unique name

i didn't know about Google lab it is a new thing that google lab helped for domain name registration,in my case i only searched for my domain names if available i book it.

google labs,i never try to use it.now i want to make a website,so maybe it can help me to choose a domain name,because a good domain name is very important.

google labs,i never try to use it.now i want to make a website,so maybe it can help me to choose a domain name,because a good domain name is very important.
    You can use another webmaster tool too, it's a domain suggestion, but it's better to search your own domain for your own good.

You can use another webmaster tool too, it's a domain suggestion, but it's better to search your own domain for your own good.
    well,i will search my choosed domain name for my own good on web.then i will choose it finally if it is really suit it .

More importance should be given to Domain names as it is the main thing in any website and it is of very important for getting more visitors to your website

You can run some contest on some webmaster forum just to get suggestion from many people about suitable domain name for your site.

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

You can run some contest on some webmaster forum just to get suggestion from many people about suitable domain name for your site.
    i think one should utilise his brain to get a good name for his site others can suggest of course but final decision is on yourself or who ever will buy it.I think some tools is there to suggest a domain name but dont know .